• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline Now Over

Share/Bookmark

GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline Now Over

The Deadline for the GPO Orchestration Competition Submissions is now over. I hope everyone who wanted to submit an entry got theirs submitted in time.

There were many entrants and we will now gather all the submissions and submit them to the judges. The judges will evaluate the submissions and the winners will be announced at the 2005 NAMM show in January in Anaheim, California. The winners will be also posted on our website and on this forum.

It is going to be a tough decision for the judges as there are so many incredibly talented entrants.

I wish to thank all who participated in the first GPO Orchestration Competition and information about next years competition will be announced in due course.

Gary Garritan

Re: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline Now Over

Thanks for competition!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Smile Re: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline Now Over

Hello,

Will the entries be available on you demo pages? I am sure there are some real nice gems to listen to!

Pierre
    Pierre Laroche

Pierre: Either that or look in my recent thread in this forum. It would be fine if people posted their music in there.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

I for one and glad it is over with!
    I was really sweating it - I am just glad it went beyond the posted deadline time!! I was feverishly editing my scores and my bio at 4:55 (PST)

I have been working my entry out in my head for these many months, convinced of a particular concept of what I wanted to do, but most of the actual music just wasn't coming....until this past Saturday!!!!

I always feel like an idiot when doing things at the last minute, but I seem to thrive on deadlines. My problem is having weak performance from my hardware. Things took easily twice as long to do as someone with a speed demon machine to run things on.

I know I don't have a prayer of winning, but I am glad I was able to finish. I would have kicked myself for the next 12 months for not doing it.

My humble apologies to Mr. Burrell and Mr. Garritan for adding to what had to be a deluge of uploads and emails and phone calls last night!
    Best wishes to all!!!

Jerry

(Can you imagine the CDs that these entries would produce????) whoa!
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

When I first heard about the contest, I planned to enter. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that if I actually won, I'd feel bad.

The fact is, I've been lucky. Most of my orchestra music has been performed. (And I have several performances coming up.) The great thing about the Garritan competition would be that it gives this opportunity to someone who may not otherwise have it. If I'd won, I'd feel bad about taking that away from someone. (Not that that would keep me from enjoying it! )

Anyway, I just want to wish good luck to all the contestants. Trust me, whoever wins will have the experience of a lifetime! I'll be sure to be listening.

And by the way, if the winner needs help with preparing the score and parts, I'll be glad to assist. Just contact me.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Jerry, I'm just so glad that you made it on time.

Good luck to everyone. I'm so glad that I don't have to judge this contest. You are all so very talented and I'm sure that there are some amazing songs that were entered.

I hope that everyone that wanted and tried to enter was able to. I appreciate everyone's patience with me as I did my best to make sure your electronic submissions went through as painlessly as possible. To those late comers in the wee hours of the morning, rest assured, your entries have been received even though I haven't emailed you back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    I hope that everyone that wanted and tried to enter was able to. I appreciate everyone's patience with me as I did my best to make sure your electronic submissions went through as painlessly as possible. To those late comers in the wee hours of the morning, rest assured, your entries have been received even though I haven't emailed you back yet.
    Joseph,

Special thanks to you for maning the ftp site and all the extra hand-holding effort that was necessary to get us stressed-out composers' works entered on time.

I'm sure everyone of us that was working on this up until the last minute is greatly aprreciative.

Good on ya, lad!
    - Layne

Thumbs up Re: GPO Orchestration Competition Deadline Now Over

I can't wait to see who the winner is!
    You have to admit, this is pretty exciting!
    Styxx

How many people are competing?!?!
    http://hopkins.composerarts.com

Go Back to forum