• Register
  • Help

Topic: Group Files Suit to Overturn Election

Share/Bookmark

Group Files Suit to Overturn Election

sponsored links

***Advertisments***

Re: Group Files Suit to Overturn Election

Good to see some people are not willing to take this and are willing to act.

But it looks as though the vote will be certified before the suit is reviewed.

Am I right in understanding that once the vote is certified, nothing can be done. I remember something about this from the 2000 election--that the vote certification, at least in some states, is absolute. Even if were demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that one side had kidnapped voters and held them at gunpoint to prevent voting, the certification would stand? I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    But it looks as though the vote will be certified before the suit is reviewed.

Am I right in understanding that once the vote is certified, nothing can be done. I remember something about this from the 2000 election--that the vote certification, at least in some states, is absolute. Even if were demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that one side had kidnapped voters and held them at gunpoint to prevent voting, the certification would stand? I hope I'm wrong.
    You are. In fact, they can't do a recount until AFTER the votes have been certified. But now the Democrats in Congress are getting involved, have just sent a letter to Ohio's Secretary of State (the vote counter AND Bush's Ohio campaign guy) asking for answers to specific disturbing questions and are beginning to put the pressure on.

I believe the vote can be challenged up until January 6 or around there. And if fraud can be proven, I would think that all bets are off.

I'm still not hopeful that the election will be overturned, but it's good that people in power are questioning it. Maybe we won't be robbed next time around.

While you democrats are so adamant about a recount in Ohio, how about us Republicans calling for a recount in Pennsylvania? Kerry carried that state by even fewer votes than Bush carried Ohio. I'm sure there is plenty of democratic voter fraud out there as well in both Ohio and PA that could be exposed if investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by AJF
    While you democrats are so adamant about a recount in Ohio, how about us Republicans calling for a recount in Pennsylvania? Kerry carried that state by even fewer votes than Bush carried Ohio. I'm sure there is plenty of democratic voter fraud out there as well in both Ohio and PA that could be exposed if investigated.
    If there is some question about the outcome, by all means, do a recount. That IS, after all, the point of this process. Getting to the truth.

Unfortunately, nobody has come forward with any dem voter fraud accusations and the majority of anomalies found has, oddly enough, favored Bush.

But I don't care WHO's defrauding us. I just want it stopped.

Amen. Evidence of fraud by either party should be investigated.

Go Back to forum