• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Dan DeanSale Thread. Vanished?

Share/Bookmark

Dan DeanSale Thread. Vanished?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I posted a question on the Dan Dean AKAI December 1/2 off sale thread and now the whole thread seems to be gone. What happened?

_Scott

Re: Dan Dean December 1/2 Off Sale Thread. Vanished?

Just a guess, a theory really, but is it possible that PaPa Chalk deleted the thread because Dan no longer advertises on this site and the post constutited essentially free advertisement (which I believe is not allowed according to the rules)?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: Dan DeanSale Thread. Vanished?

Regardless of this forum, I am surprised that Dan Dean's website makes no mention of the AKAI December discount.

I would normally expect "retailers" to advertise discounts and specials in an manner that allows customers to take advantage of them (and to be aware of them in the first place).

Did you mail Dan?

Nigel

Dan has made wonderful products in the past, unfortunately he doesn't seem to be able to get his advertising chops down. One of the best brass libraries out there (and still a hot contender) DDBE, really hasn't done nearly as well as some of the other products from other developers.

I think when it comes to setting a successful business model (please note that I'm talking only about the business and not making statements on the samples) East West Sounds On Line should win an award on it. Those guys are sharp, they understand and know their audience and know how to move product. Gary Garritan is another developer who is extremely sharp and understands the market.

I can name quite a few developers (I won't) that are probably hurting for sales but whose products are very good....and very few people even know those guys are around!

Just like the world of composing, the people who make good money do not necessarily have the best product, but they are the ones who have the best marketing skills.
    >>Kays

Re: Dan Dean December 1/2 Off Sale Thread. Vanished?

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Just a guess, a theory really, but is it possible that PaPa Chalk deleted the thread because Dan no longer advertises on this site and the post constutited essentially free advertisement (which I believe is not allowed according to the rules)?
    Yes, PaPa has confirmed this. It wasn't on Dan's site, so I contacted him to make sure I wasn't dreaming.
    _Scott

Hi Guys,

My new site is being finished and about to go online. It is much more comprehensive than what's up now and has sections devoted to sampling, my production business and Dan Dean, as a bassist. There will be expanded downloads and other features you'll find interesting. I was hoping to have this all working by December 1st, but you know how the best intentions are sometimes. If you'd like to take advantage of the "thing" I'm not supposed to talk about, please email me.

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    I can name quite a few developers (I won't) that are probably hurting for sales but whose products are very good....and very few people even know those guys are around!

Just like the world of composing, the people who make good money do not necessarily have the best product, but they are the ones who have the best marketing skills.
    What do you want? Good marketing, or great sounding samples?

What do you want? Good marketing, or great sounding samples?

Hello Dan,

I want great samples....but I'm not the one to worry about, I already own your products! It's a shame that more people don't know about your products because I think they are top notch. I can't tell you how many times I have played a piece for someone and their first comment was "The brass sounds great!"

Perhaps you should put your Brass Ensembles up for grabs on the next Group Buy (hint hint), I'll go to bat for you and let people know that this is prime material!
    >>Kays

Dan's sampled instruments are without a doubt the very best of the very best. If you are wanting the best in quality, sound, and playability, you owe it to yourself to check out all of Dan Dean's sampled instruments.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

oops

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast