• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will I loose all my Giga files when Upgrading?????

Share/Bookmark

Will I loose all my Giga files when Upgrading?????

Here\'s an important question I really need an answer to!!! When I UPGRADE my GigaSampler LE version to GigaSTUDIO 96 using the Nemesys/Tascam \"Upgrade\" disc.... will I loose all my GigaSampler Files when the program updates???? Or will Giga recognize these GIG files and transfer them into the upgraded GigaSTUDIO..... (I really hope they\'ll stay put... \'cause I took lots of time loading them.) Thanks for your help, Gary [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Will I loose all my Giga files when Upgrading?????

Gigastudio recognizes and loads all files created in Gigasampler. You will have a choice of batch updating all your old files to V2 status using Quicksound, or you can do them one by one as you use them. When you load V1 instruments into the editor, it will recognize them and let you choose to add \'acceleration\' tags to the samples, which makes the instrument much faster to load next time.

And one very neat thing about Quicksound is that it watches everything you do with Gigastudio instrument files - even when Giga isn\'t running. This means that you can shift instruments out of their original directory, onto other hard disks etc., and when you load an old performance, Gigastudio will know where the instrument has been sent to (even if you can\'t remember) and go get it without any fuss. Cool feature huh?

Don\'t worry - it\'s safe [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you Chadwick!!!! I feel much better about the Upgrade now!! I appreciate your help VERY much!!! Gary [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Back up your performances if you have saved any in the GigaSampler. The uninstallation would delete the GigaSampler folder and thus those performances. Just go to the Gigasampler folder and look for a \"perfs\" folder and drag that somewhere else on your hard drive.
    Hope I\'m not too late for you
    Dave

Thanks David!!! I will be sure to back-up before installation. I appreciate your help! Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks Dave - thankfully I never ran into that problem. Good thing for Gary you were watching [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum