• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Starting to fall in love ...

Share/Bookmark

Starting to fall in love ...

...with Kontakt

Most of my work has been done in Giga. Hmm? Me like Kontakt very much.

Out side of the fact that your eye sight must be 20/20 to work long hours with the program - it rocks!

What's your take?
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: Starting to fall in love ...

Does this mean that your choirs will be available in Kontakt format? That would be nice as my pick is Kontakt. I'm eagerly waiting for the version 2.

I agree. I can work for hours without crashes or any wierdness. The "verticalness" of the UI takes a little getting used to, and I'm still not a big fan of that, but overall once you're familiar with the layout things go pretty quickly. Have only seen a couple of relatviley minor glitches with editing, likely having to do with copying zones between patches. I had one patch where I copied zones from patch B into group 1 of patch A, select the new zones and "move to clone group", call it group 2. Problem was whenever I adjusted a MIDI controller value for group 1 it would also change it for group 2. I think I got around it by moving the group 2 zones to yet another clone. Other than that, little glitches such as those are very rare, and the environment provides a lot of programming functionality.

- Keith

Yes! All of DIVA is available in Kontakt - hence so will the Children's Choir and others.

I have tons of NKI files as we speak.
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Keep the Giga versions coming too....I still use them.

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket. But where heavy-duty polyphony is required in my solo piano material, Kontact is almost useless to me. Only Giga seems to work.

JG

Ive been loving working with Kontakt for a couple years now (Since NI put it out in 2002). I find that people who start working with it 1st, dont enjoy GS as much and visa verse. Other than Big pianos i find Kontakt superior for writing quickly and doing creative things that you can`t normally do in Soft-samplers. NI is way ahead of the game this way....Rich

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrant
    I don't want to sound like a wet blanket. But where heavy-duty polyphony is required in my solo piano material, Kontact is almost useless to me. Only Giga seems to work.

JG
    It might be the way Kontakt is reacting to your setup John..I have the PMI Bosey in Kontakt here and i can literally hold down the pedal, bang my forarms all over the keys with no dropouts or cracking. Generally though there are features in GS that make it better for Pianos no doubt.. Hopefully that will change with Kontakt 2.

I have both Kontakt and GS3. GS 3.01 seems to run much better than 2.5 ever did on my system. I like each interface for different reasons. On Kontakt, I don't have to worry about polyphony ( I only have GS3 Solo). But to my ears, some GS3 libraries sound fuller or more vibrant than Kontakt (SAM Solo Sessions- I have demo patches for both platforms and GS3 sounds richer).

Heck, I'm glad I don't have to decide. I have 'em both and use 'em both!

Giga or Kontakt, doesn't a software sampler just activate (trigger) a sound that is stored on a hard disk? Isn't the soundcard decisive for how a sample sounds?

------------
    Alex Cremers

Go Back to forum