Share/Bookmark

Unhappy No files on my Gigastudio 3.0 CD

I just upgraded to a new computer

P4 3.2 northwood
    1 gig ram
    2 80 gig maxtor sata drives
    1 plextor cdr cd-rom
    RME DSP 9652 audio card

All this is on a Gigabyte motherboard GA-8IK1100. There is a fresh install of win XP Pro and I have upgraded all the new drivers for my hardware.
    I can read and install any CD from the Plextor CD-Rom, but when I put the Gigastudio 3.0 in the CD-Rom I see nothing. I check the properties of this drive when the CD is in and it says there is 0 bits on this CD. I had this installed on my old machine, I have no ideal what is causing this. Please Help.

Bow

Cool Re: No files on my Gigastudio 3.0 CD

Hi:

I don't exactly know what the problem is, but I did a search on Yahoo, and found this site. Hope this helps. Good luck

http://forums.windrivers.com/archive/index.php/f-13

Re: No files on my Gigastudio 3.0 CD

Thank you all so much.

My problem was that I did need to install with a DVD Rom drive, instead of a regular CD-Rom drive. This did get Gigastudio installed, but now my system locks up when I try to launch gigastudio. Oh well, if I can't get it figured out I will post a new thread. Again thanks.

Bow

Cannot lanch Gigastudio 3.0

I just upgraded to a new computer

P4 3.2 northwood
    1 gig ram
    2 80 gig maxtor sata drives
    1 plextor cdr cd-rom
    RME DSP 9652 audio card

All this is on a Gigabyte motherboard GA-8IK1100. There is a fresh install of win XP Pro and I have upgraded all the new drivers for my hardware. I have also done all the audio tweaks that Tascams recomins. All I get when I try to open the program is the busy hour glass for about 20 secs and then my computer locks up. Before I even open Gigastudio I disable all startup programs using msconfig, and check task manager for resources running, which is 65 megs of ram. Please help me get up and running. This is very frustrating and expensive buying new hardware just to get this D.. thing running.
    Thanks Bow

Re: No files on my Gigastudio 3.0 CD

Please disregard my last post, sorry I made a mistake. I made a new thread of this issue.

Thanks Bow

Go Back to forum