• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: A New Piece...My First NS Submission

OT: A New Piece...My First NS Submission

Hi all.

Well, the time has come...after buying my libraries through advice on this forum and from other friends, and experimenting for a long time, I am finally deciding to take the plunge and offer up a short piece, a march from what will be a longer work. Download it here:

Please keep in mind that I am new to sampling, and I realize that there are most likely some rough areas. I also havent added any overall reverb as I really dont know which to add. Still, I hope the composition itself is enjoyable. Thank you for listening!

Also, please feel free to visit www.kuklamusic.com which houses live performances of my work. Thanks again!
    Steven J. Kukla

Re: OT: A New Piece...My First NS Submission

Sounds good, Steve. The cymbals near the open sound exactly alike. You might try some velocity changes to give them each a slightly new sound. And for my taste, use them softer and allow some to ring. I'm not sure if you wanted to use the damped cymbals or its an accident.

Thanks for the reply! I will do the velocity changes...didn't think of that. I do want the dampened cymbals, yeah. Reminds me of Prokofiev a bit, which is what I was going for... Prokofiev/early Stravinsky...

Thanks so much for listening.

Steven J. Kukla

Nice work! I know you probably didn't intend for this, but the whole part from 0:20 through 0:50 is perfect Japanese RPG music. I really like the blending of the horns near 1:09. Just put those rapid trumpet passages back in... Those really added a lot to the piece.
    Sam Hulick

Go Back to forum