• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with Kompakt/Kontakt as Standalone modules

Share/Bookmark

Problems with Kompakt/Kontakt as Standalone modules

I am having some problems running EWQLSO Gold (or Silver) on my PC as a standalone. It seems to be a problem with either Kompakt or Kontakt. When I open one instance only, it works fine but when I open more than one instance, sometimes the midi input just cuts out. If I goof around with the Setup/Midi menu it sometimes comes back on, but most of the time I have to reboot. If I trigger the sounds within Kontakt on the loop editor, they still work, it just doesn't respond to the midi-in commands.

I am not sure if it has something to do with my soundcard (Tascam PCI-822) which also handles my midi in and out (2 ports each) or whether there is a conflict because I have Giga Studio 3 installed on the same system (Giga Studio works flawlessly on this system). I don't run Kontakt and Giga at the same time, but could they still be conflicting with each other? I tried running both Kontakt and Giga at the same time and it works okay for a while but sooner or later one or both stops outputting audio. As soon as I can afford it, I want to add a another PC exclusively for Kontakt/Kompakt sampling.

Kontakt and Kompakt both work just fine on my Mac as a AU in Logic. Never had any issues on the Mac.

I am wonderng whether I need to upgrade to a better Midi interface for the PC. I was thinking of the MOTU Micro Lite as it is only $140 and all of my other interfaces are MOTU. And it would be nice to have more than the 2 ports that the PCI-822 card provides (The Micro Lite has 5 x 5).

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Problems with Kompakt/Kontakt as Standalone modules

Are u trying to run more that 1 instance of Kompakt standalone?
    As far as i know u cant do this anymore than u can do it with GS.
    U need V-stack or the equivalent to run multiple instances. Then you can run GS and Kontakt together on the same machine by assigning each the own outputs. Rich

Re: Problems with Kompakt/Kontakt as Standalone modules

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    Are u trying to run more that 1 instance of Kompakt standalone?
    As far as i know u cant do this anymore than u can do it with GS.
    U need V-stack or the equivalent to run multiple instances. Then you can run GS and Kontakt together on the same machine by assigning each the own outputs. Rich
    Yes, I found this out. At least I am glad that there is nothing wrong with my machine I will look into V-stack. Thanks.

Go Back to forum