• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2008 Olympics demo

Share/Bookmark

2008 Olympics demo

This is the music that my friend Jay wrote, he played most of it and put it all together with Digital Performer. He even made up a fake language for the kids to sing, so that there would be no language barrier or advantage to any listener. This has been a hush hush thing for a long time, and I wanted to post this for you all to enjoy!

Olympics demo

DPDan

Re: 2008 Olympics demo

Wow, that's great!! It's like a really good version of the sound Mike Oldfield has been trying do get for the last ten years and failing miserably at. Production is immaculate- I'm pretty jealous

It's cool, I love this type of stuff. I thought Deep Forest was the coolest thing ever (apparently me and another 5 people!).

Did he use GOS or GPO for this track?

I really like it a lot.

I was involved with doing some music for the Atlanta Olympics way back when, there is such a mystique and sense of accomplishment in doing anything related to the games.

Kudos to your friend, invite him over the forums so that he can share some of the behind the scenes info on the piece!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    It's cool, I love this type of stuff. I thought Deep Forest was the coolest thing ever (apparently me and another 5 people!).
    Hey yeah, that's what it reminds me of. Forgot about them. (Or him or her or whatever it was )

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Did he use GOS or GPO for this track?
    I really like it a lot.
    No GPO or GOS

He has a ton of stuff, too much to post, it is really, cool I agree!
    DPDan

Excellent music and just perfect with the superb video....what a lot of 'wok'! (sorry)

Very enjoyable, your friend is super dedicated and talented to turn out something like this.

Frank

I didn't know the Chinese were into Bo Diddley, but it works for me! Lots of nice footage there.

That was absolutely incredible! It will be stuck in my head all night for sure. The video was also very well edited to go with the music. Very inspiring and powerful! Thanks for sharing, your friend is amazing!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum