• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Re -sample entire gig file.

Share/Bookmark

Red face Re -sample entire gig file.

I have a Rhodes Piano to which I can add a chorus effect, however I would like the instrument to sound the same (with effect) without having to add FX.
    Is there a way to resample the entire intrument (Gig File) on a global basis? As I have no experience setting up a gig file in that way, i am hoping there is some sort of "wizard" or something. My file Rhodes is the "Bigger Gigger" Rhodes, and I am using Gigastudio 160 2.54 .
    Very grateful for any comment
    bryan H

Re: Re -sample entire gig file.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan H
    I have a Rhodes Piano to which I can add a chorus effect, however I would like the instrument to sound the same (with effect) without having to add FX.
    Is there a way to resample the entire intrument (Gig File) on a global basis? As I have no experience setting up a gig file in that way, i am hoping there is some sort of "wizard" or something. My file Rhodes is the "Bigger Gigger" Rhodes, and I am using Gigastudio 160 2.54 .
    Very grateful for any comment
    bryan H
    You have to export all samples and then apply te effect you want on the samples. Then you have to import the samples to the .gig file again.
    This will work on non-loooped samples (like the Bigga Rhodes), but if you try it on looped samples, the loop-points are likley to get messed up.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thumbs up Re: Re -sample entire gig file.

Thanks Worra,
    When applying the effect, where, and with what application do you suggest?
    I do have "sound Forge", but having a clue what to do will be a distinct advantage.
    Thanks in advance for your time
    bryan H

Bryan - before you embark on this exercise, be aware that the chorus sound you hear when you run the whole piano through an FX unit is not the same sound as the one you'll get after you process each sample.

The chorus rendered on a single sample in sound forge will be totally independent of the chorus rendered on any other sample.

This may sound great - like having discrete chorus units for each note you play - BUT:

1. Every time you hit, say, C3 the chorus effect you rendered onto it will start in the exact same position. The subtle chorus cycle you had on the original blanket chorus may now become annoyingly repetitive.

2. All the chorus rendered samples will be independent. In the original non-rendered setup you had one blanket chorus across the whole piano. This chorus effect cycled independently of your playing. In the rendered setup each note has it's own chorus 'thang' going on, which could start to sound quite 'thick' compared to the original, and which will seem kind of random because it's no longer an independent overall 'wash' of an effect. Now it's firing off multiple times for each set of notes you key.

Mind you, like I said before, maybe you'll LOVE this new alternate sound!

If you export all the samples in folder groups and use a batch process in something like Sound Forge to render the chorus effect, this probably won't take all that long.

Hi Rick,
    Thanks for that .... A friend of mine has had sooo much trouble with Giga 3 that he has advised me not to upgrade if my system works well ,... which it almost does.
    The effects in giga 2.54 are ok until the random noise starts, and that is why I am looking for an alternative regarding the chorused Rhodes. If the Giga FX had a fix they would be my FX of choice.
    The result you descibe has me worried, and I don't think I could live with it.
    By the way .... really enjoyed the cricket.
    regards
    Bryan

You B@#$%^d! I give you some friendly advice and you smack me in the face with a flukey win by your sheep sha&&ing mates!

Yeah, it's a bummer about that rining sound in the chorus - don't understand why it was never fixed.

Personally, I'd upgrade to GS3.
    It seems to me that the GS3 experience is similar to the GS2 experience - while there are a few having real headaches, there's a lot of other people simply working with it 24/7.

The freedom you'll get is worth it - AND you'll be able touse the Scarbee VKFX plugin - which is a real buzz for Rhodes lovers. It's all there, a bit of Fender Twin, Stereo termolo (Sync'd!), Boss Chorus, compressor, phasing. Plus it's fun to use.

Regardless of what you do - they won't win twice...

Talking Re: Re -sample entire gig file.

No real reply until thursday ......... anyway I take exception to your comment, shagging sheep is an art form in itself and without Australian mentors we never would have got the hang of it ......
    I agree that the upgrade to g3 may well be the answer. Did you have much trouble with the install?
    Talk thursday
    BH

Australian mentors -well...we knew the sheep needed somebody - and it wasn't going to be us, and you kiwis seemed so darned keen...

I had one problem with the install - I had some freebie VST plugins which freaked GS out. Once I used the GS configuration editor to block them, it ran fine.

Talking Re: Re -sample entire gig file.

Ok Rick,
    I'm almost scared to reply because of you obvious attempt to increase tension between our two countries, however a small comment.
    I admit that a Kiwi came up with the idea of putting a ewe's hind legs in his gumboots to stop any escape. It is however a little known fact that "Les Patterson", a convict from your mother country later to be Knighted, realised that trapping the Ram's head in the fence wire was just as efficient, and you have REALLY long fences in Aussie.
    I feel we have strayed from the subject, and I must return to the FX in G2.54, which now operate glitch free. I have found that rather than loading FX during a performance, I have saved the selected FX with the gsp file. Upon reloading it performs without a problem and I have MIDI control of "effect" slider which acts as a bypass when required.
    Perhaps I should not have brought the cricket issue up at all and saved us all from your wrath. However, I am not trying to pull the wool over your eyes when I say the second of three one day cricket matches is tonight, and it could go to either the convicts or the farmers. No more bleating at this end
    .... I awaite my fate
    regards as always
    Bryan H

"you have REALLY long fences in Aussie"

Those are DINGO fences - everyone knows that, and dingos are a completely different, far more exciting and challenging proposition than sheeps.

To paraphrase an old saying - 'If you've fixed it, leave it alone'.

If GS2.54 fx are now working well for you, I can understand that there's far less urgency to upgrade. Sure, let the rest of us sweat it out while you chuff chuff around in your model T.

Let's wait until tonight to see who gets a serious b(l)eating...

Await your fate indeed

Rick

Go Back to forum