• Register
  • Help

Topic: Authorization Process

Share/Bookmark

Authorization Process

I apologize if what I am going to say seems a little out of topic. But the thought has been bugging me so bad that I have to find some answers. I am a retired business software developer and Music is my main hobby. I have Sonar 3, Gigastudio 3, Kontakt, Kompakt, Battery 2, GPO and others. Recently I have been doing some serious recording (still in the non-profit domain). My question is: what will happen to these wonderful tools if they fold the companies? Sonar will be fine. What about the rest? What will happen to the authorization process? I am sure our hardware configurations will change sooner or later.
    Again I apologize if this is not the right time and place. Thank you.

Chou.

Re: Authorization Process

Quote Originally Posted by Chou
    I apologize if what I am going to say seems a little out of topic. But the thought has been bugging me so bad that I have to find some answers. I am a retired business software developer and Music is my main hobby. I have Sonar 3, Gigastudio 3, Kontakt, Kompakt, Battery 2, GPO and others. Recently I have been doing some serious recording (still in the non-profit domain). My question is: what will happen to these wonderful tools if they fold the companies? Sonar will be fine. What about the rest? What will happen to the authorization process? I am sure our hardware configurations will change sooner or later.
    Again I apologize if this is not the right time and place. Thank you.

Chou.
    I surely don't have the answer, but the question has bugged me now and then. Best that I can think of is to make sure that you have a good system backup (probably a few!) which ought to contain the software in question as well as the authorization codes. Or so I hope, possibly deluding myself so I can sleep peacfully.

Richard

Don't worry -- it is all taken care of.

From Native Instruments' website:

What happens to my license in the event that NI no longer exists?
    Should NI for whatever reason no longer be able to fulfill its obligation to deliver the authorization key, it will provide the licensee with a permanent key that allows the user to use the software regardless of changes in the computer system.
    http://www.nativeinstruments.de/inde...yprotection_us
    (scroll to the very bottom of the page)

P.S. - Spectrasonics (Stylus RMX, Trilogy, Atmosphere) has a similar mechanism in place.

Does Tascam have a policy like that goo?

It's not really a big deal, the chances that a company like Tascam or NI will go out of business anytime soon seem pretty slim to me.
    Tim

Thanks Martin.
    I didn't know that such clause exists. I guess I should read more what is on NI website.

Chou.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    Don't worry -- it is all taken care of.

From Native Instruments' website:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/inde...yprotection_us
    (scroll to the very bottom of the page)
    And we'll do everything we can do to protect the customer as well.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum