• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please Help me out!!!!! Gigastudio with Sonar XL 2.0 and a Terratec 6-fire

Share/Bookmark

Please Help me out!!!!! Gigastudio with Sonar XL 2.0 and a Terratec 6-fire

Hello,

I\'ve bought the 24/96 6-fire card from Terratec and I\'m running Windows ME.
    The problem is that I can\'t run Gigastudio and Sonar at te same time,because when I do the audio-engine in Sonar stops.
    Somehow both programs fight over the audiodriver.
    I\'ve alos set the card in the multiclientmode.
    I have used different outputs for Sonar and Gigastudio but nothing seems to help.
    Please help me out!!!!!!!!

Re: Please Help me out!!!!! Gigastudio with Sonar XL 2.0 and a Terratec 6-fire

When you call terratec and ask them this question, they\'ll reply with a simple\" no, it\'s not possible. Only multiclient with asio/cubase , not with sonar\".

I am having the same problem with a Terratec EWX 24/96 card. I have posted for \"Disabling GSIF\" hoping someone has the answer. Terratec has an FAQ which explains how to disable GSIF in the registry so both programs use the regular directsound driver which will compromise performance a bit, but it is supposed to be acceptable. You should go to the Terratec website and hunt about for it. you could also try running regedit and type cntrl F, then \"Disable GSIF\" and see what you get. If your registry has this entry, enter a (1) and it should work. Trouble is, I\'m running Windows ME too, and I can\'t seem to find this in MY registry!! Still hoping someone has solution which doesn\'t involve buying a second EWX 24/96. I too had thought about the 6-fire card, but I remembered someone saying that all those \"virtual multi output\" type of cards (Echo Mia, etc.) won\'t work with Giga and another app running together. Lets hope someone has an answer. I have a tech at Fostex who is very kindly contacting Terratec in Germany for a possible answer. If I get one from him, and it works, I\'ll post instructions on how you do it.

Ok, that would be great!

Many thanx already

Go Back to forum