• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: MidiOverlan with a Mac sequencer?

Share/Bookmark

MidiOverlan with a Mac sequencer?

I have a Mac with DP as my primary sequencer, and a 4-port Ethernet/DSL router with the other machines being PCs . I\'d love to use MidiOverlan to get 4 ports from the Mac to the PC, but the Mac doesn\'t want ot see the network boxes without Appletalk turned on, which is kind of a resource hog.

Has anyone done this, or some other software equvalent?

Dasher

Re: MidiOverlan with a Mac sequencer?

Don\'t you have TCP/IP setup on those PCs and Mac? It is all that is needed

Thanks, markuspocus-I may be reading too much into the process. I\'ll look into it.

Dasher

Although I\'m tuning in ladte to this thread - how are you running MIDIOverLAN on your Mac?

-James

i understood, dasher would _like_ to run it on his mac - unfortunately musiclab has announced there are no plans to make it available for macOS.
    you may keep track on distributed midi - they seem to think more platform-independent
    christian

But there is a recent thread where a user has announced that he is designing a Mac utility that does as MOL does.

Whoever comes up with a Mac version of MidioverLAN is going to get a lot of business, I think. A lot of us use Mac based sequencers, and have bought PC\'s specifically for GigaStudio. A Mac version would fill a real need.

Trond

what kills me is I can\'t find the post of the guy who mentioned this utility. It was posted a day or two ago.

And yes,if it\'s a solid piece of software (if soft can be solid at the same time [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) he\'ll make a nice chunk o\' change.

marty, did you follow the link i mentioned? possibly you have FX-teleport in mind, but this is for vst only
    christian

http://www.northernsounds.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=000205#000001

here\'s the post by Artspoke. it\'s short but he announces that he has taken to programming it already.

I checkout the TeleFX...cool, but not what I was referring to

Go Back to forum