• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar w/Giga!!!! correct post-

Share/Bookmark

Sonar w/Giga!!!! correct post-

How on earth do I get Sonar to trigger Giga to start when I am using the Capture to WAV function?

It justs keeps saying waiting for sequencer and it never starts recording.

It records fine if I want to start it manually though.

I have changed every midi out I can find in Sonar but still no luck.

Re: Sonar w/Giga!!!! correct post-

Hey kid!
    You probably need to enable the Midi Start transmit message from Sonar. Here\'s the sequence:
    from the menu:
    Project
    Options
    Midi Out
    Transmit Midi Start/Continue/Stop/Clock
    OK

Hope that helps.
    Neal

Hey Neal,

thank you for the tip.

I have done that and it still won\'t trigger wav capture to start.

If you have any other ideas please let me know.

I have tried everything I can think of.

Giga is working great triggerring it from the sequencer, it just won\'t let Wav to capture start from Sequencer.

Thanks for the tip!

Under Options | Project, after you\'ve selected Transmit MIDI Start, you have to select a MIDI Output Port. This defaults to Port 1, but if you\'re using anything else besided Gigasampler (e.g. if you have hardware gear), the Gigasampler Port is probably 2 or higher. (You can check by looking at the choices under MIDI Out in Track View). Set MIDI Output Port to your Gigastudio Out.

That should do it.

I think I have same problem with Cubase.Maybe somebody can give me some advice,how to setup Cubase in this situation.Please,help me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Neal Keane:
    You probably need to enable the Midi Start transmit message from Sonar. Here\'s the sequence:
    ... snip
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">BTW Neal, thanks for this info.

Kid,
    The other thing you have to do in order to do to get Sonar to start/stop Giga recording is to select a button on the Giga recording window (the one that is launched when you press the Red record button). I can\'t describe what the button looks like but if you hold your mouse above the button it will say something like \"Start/Stop Sync ...\" Enabled this and do what Neal said and it should work for you.

\"Use start Never Continue\" should be checked as well under project Midi out.

Go Back to forum