• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about GigaStudio 3.0

Share/Bookmark

Question Question about GigaStudio 3.0

Okay, I am really thinking about upgrading my GigaStudio 160 (version 2.54) to the new Giga 3.0...... I was kinda waiting for all the "bugs" to get worked out before getting it.

So, do I need to install the new GigaStudio 3.0 "over" the currently installed Giga 2.54? Or, is it advisable to totally remove the GigaStudio 2.54 before installing the newer version.

Just wondering which would be best..... Thanks, Gary

Re: Question about GigaStudio 3.0

THe GS3 manual states that you need to uninstall GS2 before you install GS3. The software even does a check to make sure that GS3 HAS been uninstalled.

Also, when you DO install GS3:
    - only perform the "backup license" AFTER you have registered (as stated in the manual)
    - be prepared for GS3 to crash a number of times on your VSTs. GS3 has to "process" all of your VSTs, and it will crash when it encounters one it can't handle (it "excludes" that VST from that point on). Since I have a lot of VSTs, GS3 probably crashed 10-15 times before it made it through all of them.

Finally, and this is just my own view, I think GS3 Orchestra really needs 1.5 GB of RAM

Just wondering which would be best..... Thanks, Gary
    On a separate PC ? ... A clean install of XP after a drive formatting.

Well, it would be on the same computer that I am running Giga 2.54 right now.... so, I guess, I will do a complete "un-install" of 2.54 before ever trying to install 3.0...... Thanks for all the help, Gary

Go Back to forum