• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recommend good mastering software?

Share/Bookmark

Recommend good mastering software?

I\'m looking for some good CD mastering software.. any suggestions? I\'ve heard of Sound Forge CD Architect, and T-Racks.. any others?

Thanks!

Re: Recommend good mastering software?

For mastering, I use Sound Forge 6 with several plugins. I don\'t have CD Architect. I\'m not sure what else it gives me that I don\'t already have in SF6. Perhaps someone else can tell me what features CD Architect has that SF6 doesn\'t. I also have Logic on another PC machine and Digital Performer on a G3 but these applications don\'t do mastering at least easily.

clueless

I use Samplitude, which has received a lot of positive reviews. It has a lot of excellent tools such as multiband compression, denoiser, dehisser, and many more. It supports Direct X plugins too. I think Samplitude 7 is about to come out soon, with many improvements, including VST support, so you may be able to get a good price on Samplitude 6 in the meantime. They just recently changed distributors, and I can\'t remember the new distributor. Your best bet would be to check with Jim over at Studiocat.com for prices and more info.

Doug

In fact, they all do great jobs (Steinberg Wavelab 4, SonicFoundry SoundForge v6, Samplitude v6 and Syntrillium CoolEdit Pro v2). they all have great powerfull effects already integrated and cost about the same price (even if samplitude is a less cheap, they all about $400-500 i guess).
    personaly, thanx to some friends who work in studios, I tested all of them and decided to buy CoolEdit Pro that suits my needs and my feelings related to the GUI.
    it does not help you maybe, but... maybe [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

regards,
    jam

I recently found a program called Ozone, produced by Izotope. Very good quality, interesting graphical interface, easy to use and not expensive. I recommend it.
    Jim

Sorry, I meant to include this:
    http://www.izotope.com

thanks, will check it out!

Go Back to forum