• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lady Release Samples in Old Lady

Share/Bookmark

Lady Release Samples in Old Lady

I am trying to set up my system to play the Old Lady. I am trying to discern whether the "Lady Release" samples are actually playing along with the main samples using Giga 2 samples.

If I just load and play the Lady Release Samples on their own, should I be able to hear them? I seem to get a slight indication of sound in Sonar and barely hear something when turned up loud.

Would anyone like to guess what I am doing wrong (if anything)?

jeffn1

(I am using sfz+ with giga support, but, for the purpose of this discussion, you can assume I am using Kontakt as a VSTi).
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Lady Release Samples in Old Lady

Is anyone using the Lady Release samples in giga 2 format? Is it working fine for you? Please let me (us?) know (someone else was having a problem with this too).

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Hey Jeff.. yea, i`m having the exact same problem ( the Old lady`s release Lights are on but no ones home..).
    If u check the original thread, M. Post acknowledges this and offer a link to an update on his site...I`m gonna check to see if it works soon as well and get back on this..GL, Rich

Jeff, seems the Update was made by mistake in GS 3 and therefore is not\working correctly yet...Michiels fast though I`m sure he`ll be on it soon.. Rich

Rich, I am glad you joined the thread. I know Michiels is very responsive. I would love to get his input. I am sure he will respond when he gets the opportunity.

jeffn1

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    Rich, I am glad you joined the thread. I know Michiels is very responsive. I would love to get his input. I am sure he will respond when he gets the opportunity.

jeffn1

I am unsure if the Old Lady is set up correctly with regards to configuration of Gigapulses inside Giga 3 and there are some other issues with Giga 3 , that I cannot seem to figure with regards to Old Lady. Does anyone else have Old Lady with Giga 3 working correctly witht the DVD they received on the group buy? (I have not updated anything yet.)

I emailed Michiel with regards to this. I know that Michiel is busy and he is probably still shipping "Old Ladies" out to new homes So until the dust settles, I think there will be more solutions and answers. I would love to tap into the potential of the Old Lady.

Dave

Dave, Im not sure if you`e seen this, but i noticed some OL GS3 updates on www.postpiano.com..Rich

The Old Lady Release GS2 version is now on-line, use the same link from our Old Lady Giga Update database.
    I saved the file in GS2 format with GS3 but I changed it after opening, apparently GS3 saved the newer version as GS3. I checked this version in GS2 (although I would recommend everybody to upgrade to GS3 to start with, it's so much better for piano sampling and I could hardly find a machine in my studio with GS2 still running).
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum