• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GS3 and hyperthreading

Share/Bookmark

GS3 and hyperthreading

The latest version of GS3 is supposed to work with hyperthreading. Is anyone working ok with it on? Are there some special settings to use? I'm using Cubase SX3 and GS3 on the same computer. I get some stuttering though. It may be SX3. I'm not sure since I haven't used SX3 alone with hyperthreading.
    Anthony Lombardi, composer
    www.anthonylombardi.com

Re: GS3 and hyperthreading

Well SX3 plays back fine with the hyperthreading. I have a few frozen VSTi's. Then a bunch of MIDI tracks going to 2 other computers. I'm also running a video in DirectShow.
    www.anthonylombardi.com

It's working fine with hyper-threading enabled on my PC. Version 3.02 was the first version that worked with hyper-threading for me.

fizbin

It's been working for me with Hyper Threading enabled since 3.00. For one of my collaborators, it didn't work until 3.03, but he uses a very different rig. I have a feeling they are tweaking low level Hyper Threading stuff as they go, releated to certain audio interface drivers.

G

Works fine for me (3.03).

Does not work for me, nuendo freezes when working with FXmax adapter. Nuendo dooes not frees with GS3.03 without hyperthreading.

Does the hyperthreading actualy DO anything for 3.03 - or does it simply tollerate it now?

The pdf documentation for 3.03 specifically says to turn Hyperthreading *OFF*.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylombardi
    The latest version of GS3 is supposed to work with hyperthreading. Is anyone working ok with it on? Are there some special settings to use? I'm using Cubase SX3 and GS3 on the same computer. I get some stuttering though. It may be SX3. I'm not sure since I haven't used SX3 alone with hyperthreading.

Thanks for the replies. I guess it works for some. I'll have to try a future version. Right now it's off.
    www.anthonylombardi.com

Quote Originally Posted by belkina
    The pdf documentation for 3.03 specifically says to turn Hyperthreading *OFF*.
    From the 3.03 Change History and Known Issues docs:

Changes have been made to improve compatibility with Hyper Threading enabled CPUs. However, due to the wide variety of PC hardware, there still may be some systems that exhibit instability. If you find your system unstable with HT, disable it and send us detailed system specs and a Diag report to TASCAM Operational Support. Further improvements are planned to be made in this area.

G

Go Back to forum