• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using Terratec AWX 24/96?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using Terratec AWX 24/96?

And can anyone tell me if Terratec has drivers for GSIF 2? I am waiting for GS3 to arrive (upgrade from GS 96) and am wondering if this soundcard is in use on other GS3 systems. thanks for any tips.

Re: Anyone using Terratec AWX 24/96?

Stephen,
    I'm afraid that you are out of luck with the Terratec EWX... not only are there no GSIF2 drivers available, the card simply will not work with GS3. I believe that a search of this forum will give you two other threads on this very topic which should explain the various problems with Terratec cards and GS3.
    The severity of the conflict varies with the EWX, in my case I could not capture audio to disk without a BSOD... gave my card away and got an Audiophile 24/96 which is pretty cheap and offers full compatability and GSIF2 drivers that work... basically provides what the EWX should have, nothing less and sure system stability.
    Jason DeWater aka Lickety-Split
    Very busy, yet always unproductive.
    Some of my music is here:
    http://www.audiostreet.net/jasondewater

Hi, I also have a terratec ewx 24/96 and confirm the bad news....
    GS3 works with it, but if you try to record a music, blue screen on win xp ...
    Also GS3 open the device in exclusive mode. So you cannot use other programs to capture the output.
    I solved the problem redirecting phisically the output of ewx 24/96 to a sblive card line-in and using this as recording card (it's just a workaround , it's a no professional approach , you loss all the features of the terratec audio !! probably using the digital connection between the boards could be better.....).
    Looking for updated drivers at terratec web site I find a new version (patch) of a driver dll (november 2004) ONLY in the german site. I did no try it yet.
    I am afraid to change the configuration of my system after a lot of installation problems....
    Best regards
    Massimo

Question Re: Anyone using Terratec AWX 24/96?

Hi

I have a terratec EWS88D card. Looks like terratec is not supporting these cards currently (Iam assuming the EWX card as well). So this is what I am thinking of doing. I am planning on building another PC dedicated to GS3 and using an audiophile 2496 (GSIF 2) card on that, and leaving the terratec card on my Cubase DAW.

Do you think the above configuration may be OK. Because I am thinking that the only thing that goes out of my Cubase computer is MIDI information, and the only thing that comes back to the cubase computer is Audio. Therefore I am assuming I may not need GSIF 2 support on the Cubase DAW.

Any comments or suggestions
    Thanks

Here is terratec's response to my email regarding support for GSIF 2

"Hello !
    It should be possible to install + use the new Gigastudio without getting a
    total computercrash ;-) .
    To use all functions of the Giga3 you´ll need the GSIF2 drivers. At this
    Moment it is not clear if we will support this driver with the EWS Series,
    sorry.
    For more informations check our updatesection from time to time.

With best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen'

It might be wise to sell the card. Terratec support does not respond to any questions, and the phone customer service doesn't know anything about GSIF2 drivers. In the meanwhile they just keep adverstising their products in magazines etc, like nothing's wrong with their products. This is a shameful way of dealing with customers, they could at least warn their customers that they will not update their drivers to make them compatible with GSIF2.

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    Hi

I have a terratec EWS88D card. Looks like terratec is not supporting these cards currently (Iam assuming the EWX card as well). So this is what I am thinking of doing. I am planning on building another PC dedicated to GS3 and using an audiophile 2496 (GSIF 2) card on that, and leaving the terratec card on my Cubase DAW.

Do you think the above configuration may be OK. Because I am thinking that the only thing that goes out of my Cubase computer is MIDI information, and the only thing that comes back to the cubase computer is Audio. Therefore I am assuming I may not need GSIF 2 support on the Cubase DAW.

Any comments or suggestions
    Thanks

Here is terratec's response to my email regarding support for GSIF 2

"Hello !
    It should be possible to install + use the new Gigastudio without getting a
    total computercrash ;-) .
    To use all functions of the Giga3 you´ll need the GSIF2 drivers. At this
    Moment it is not clear if we will support this driver with the EWS Series,
    sorry.
    For more informations check our updatesection from time to time.

With best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen'

They are still great cards if you do work outside of Gigastudio 3.

Uh, there's nothing wrong with Terratec's products. It's GS 3 that's the lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by pnm655
    Uh, there's nothing wrong with Terratec's products. It's GS 3 that's the lemon.
    You have a good point there even tho I'm running G3 with no problems on another system. Compatability is always the best thing for software vendors to achieve.

Go Back to forum