• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: New to GPO just started using it and ....

Share/Bookmark

New to GPO just started using it and ....

I have been playing around with GPO most of the day today, the samples are great and from what i can do I like it a lot. I use Sonar 3 with it and have to say...if you don't have a sustatain pedal or a mod wheel you are really screwed. yea I have updated everything for GPO downloaded every help dll file etc...you really need to know midi controllers to take advantage of this. I am trying to figure out this midi even plugin still and how i can get it working. The Pitch Wheel to Mod wheel cc1 isn't working right, it's not stable enough when I use doesn't create a smooth transition for volume...
    Does anyone know where there is a detailed faq on that midi event plugin.
    I want to have an easy way to tweek everything in Sonar and I don't have a mod wheel on my Roland XP-80 and I never bought a sustain pedal, though now i thinking I should. GPO is really cool just hard to get into with out the basics for it.
    thanks

Re: New to GPO just started using it and ....

atleast I am fixing one of my problems and ordering a foot pedal...

Does the XP-80 have any programmable sliders? I've programmed my XP-30 with CC1 one one of the sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn
    Does the XP-80 have any programmable sliders? I've programmed my XP-30 with CC1 one one of the sliders.

Duh yea LOL...forgot about that. There is a C1 and C2 slider
    how did you go about programing it, your using the Slider like a mod wheel right? So if I can use that slider as the mod wheel doing CC1 and then I have the foot petal I should be all set!

Hey your nick Haydn! I have written Vienna Classical music. I put a couple of Vienna Classical Piano Sonatas on Sibeliusmusic thing for the heck of it.
    Also same Haydn that has been on NI's Kontakt forum?

Yep, I'm the same Haydn on NI's forum.

You program the slider with the System button on the XP-30. Can't give you much more detail on it as I'm at work now. Hopefully you still have your manual. The sliders work great. I've also setup the other three sliders on the XP-30 for other functions of GPO and other libraries I have.

Yep, I'm the same Haydn on NI's forum.

You program the slider with the System button on the XP-30. Can't give you much more detail on it as I'm at work now. Hopefully you still have your manual. The sliders work great. I've also setup the other three sliders on the XP-30 for other functions of GPO and other libraries I have.
    yea i knew it! This a Great Idea! I'll have to get out that manual and read up on it. Thanks!
    I certainly want to get the best out of GPO. If you get a change could give more details on it. Programing the sliders is totally new to me.

ok Haydn don't worry about it I have my XP-80 set up. I have the C1 set for the Mod wheel, and C3 slider set for portmento, then I will have a foot controller for legato, and still use the pitch wheel for bending pitch.
    Thanks! I'll manually input CC24 and CC22 when needed, probably create an evelope in Sonar 3 for it.

That sounds great. Have fun with the library!

That sounds great. Have fun with the library!
    Haydn do you have a pedal connected to your XP-30? If so, can you tell how you have set up please? is it set as a controller or do you have it as hold? I of course want to use the pedal as legato in GPO

My sustain pedal is connected to the hold input. It uses the standard CC64 which will activate either sustain or the legato function in GPO. This is an option in GPO. Top setting (MIDI sustain) is for sustain. The 2nd option down (which I can't remember the name offhand) sets the sustain pedal for legato mode.

Go Back to forum