• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Best" soundcard for gs3 vsti and cubase sx??

Share/Bookmark

"Best" soundcard for gs3 vsti and cubase sx??

I have ( thanks to some excellent help on this forum) at last got gs3 (orchestra) running as a vsti ( using the fmax wrapper) in cubase sx2. However, the latency isn't great - at any kind of decent level there are small pops and crackles. If I increase over a certain delay/latency, it all decends into a kind of nasty echoing and distortion.

I gather from the various forums that my card ( terratec dmx 6fire) isn't ideal - it's an asio and gsif card, with dual client mode, but there are no gsif2 drivers available for this particular card. It runs cubase on it's own brilliantly. I run a pc, 1gb ram, matrox dual head card, win xp pro (sp2) and pentium4 with hyperthreading enabled.

I searched around but I can't really work out which card might be better - although I did see that terratec have recently brought out a new card ( the aureon 7.1 university I think) which is both asio and gsif2 compatible, and seems quite cheap ( not much money to spend these days).

Can anyone advise me before I rush out and impulsively buy the wrong card.....
    many thanks
    sweep

Re: "Best" soundcard for gs3 vsti and cubase sx??

Quote Originally Posted by sweepy
    I have ( thanks to some excellent help on this forum) at last got gs3 (orchestra) running as a vsti ( using the fmax wrapper) in cubase sx2. However, the latency isn't great - at any kind of decent level there are small pops and crackles. If I increase over a certain delay/latency, it all decends into a kind of nasty echoing and distortion.

I gather from the various forums that my card ( terratec dmx 6fire) isn't ideal - it's an asio and gsif card, with dual client mode, but there are no gsif2 drivers available for this particular card. It runs cubase on it's own brilliantly. I run a pc, 1gb ram, matrox dual head card, win xp pro (sp2) and pentium4 with hyperthreading enabled.

I searched around but I can't really work out which card might be better - although I did see that terratec have recently brought out a new card ( the aureon 7.1 university I think) which is both asio and gsif2 compatible, and seems quite cheap ( not much money to spend these days).

Can anyone advise me before I rush out and impulsively buy the wrong card.....
    many thanks
    sweep
    I personally don't know about GS3 but for audio purposes You MUST swithc the hyperthreading OFF.

Re: "Best" soundcard for gs3 vsti and cubase sx??

And when you run GS 3 with the fxmax wrapper you don't need any GSIF drivers at all. It uses the asio driver from your Host in your case cubase.

Go Back to forum