• Register
  • Help

Topic: So this is the payment our soldiers get for risking life and limb in Iraq

Share/Bookmark

So this is the payment our soldiers get for risking life and limb in Iraq

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...1848-6449r.htm

Sickening. Used and then thrown away.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

Re: So this is the payment our soldiers get for risking life and limb in Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by MDesigner
    http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...1848-6449r.htm

Sickening. Used and then thrown away.
    Yup. Kinda shows what Bush and company are really about in Iraq. These guys are treated like cannon fodder. I think the war is ~~~, but vets deserve a lot better than they get.

JG

We have a fair amount of homeless folks downtown Chicago, and a lot of them are Vietnam vets. I don't give them money, because who knows what they'll decide to do with it (I won't support any drug habit they may have), but sometimes I'll offer to buy them food or something. It's weird how anonymous they seem, it's easy to just pass them by or say no when they ask for change. Next time a homeless person asks you for change, stop and say you don't have any change on you, but you'll buy them some food if they want. I did that with one guy, he was really rather interesting. He showed me some sort of ID that showed he was a veteran. I asked him how he became homeless, and he told me that he used to work full time at Maggiano's, but got sick with pneumonia and as a result, lost his job, and his girlfriend kicked him out of her place, and so he had no place to go.

Of all the things in the world that there are charitable organizations or groups of people fighting for, the homeless is probably the one that hits me the most. I just don't understand how the Bush administration can pursue interests such as "liberating the Iraqi people" (yes, I know it's a facade), when our own fellow citizens here at home are on the streets, many of them former soldiers who fought to keep our country safe and free. I do believe the US should help other countries when it can, but I strongly feel our own people should come first.
    Sam Hulick
    Composer
    http://www.samhulick.com/

I have a friend whose Dad was a Veteran from world war 2, and he is a wreck, and this is common, it is pathetic how first they are exploited( enter Brady and Marx) as young men and than treated like garbage when they have done their service and of no use to the establishment, nothing piss's me of more.

Quote Originally Posted by charles
    I have a friend whose Dad was a Veteran from world war 2, and he is a wreck, and this is common, it is pathetic how first they are exploited( enter Brady and Marx) as young men and than treated like garbage when they have done their service and of no use to the establishment, nothing piss's me of more.
    My dad is 83 now and fought oversees in WW2. He was never the same when he came back, and has had major mental health problems since then.

JG

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    John,

Sorry to hear that. Soldiers have been used and ignored for a long time.

My dad was lucky to be in an Army band in WW2. Does your dad remember the 16 1/2 rpm records during the war? I think they were called V-discs or something like that. My dad was a member of the #1 Army band out of Fort Sheridan, IL. Their job was to make recordings of current big band music (with a little propaganda and a few marches tossed in) for the troops. These were some of the best musicians and singers around. My old man has taken these vinyl recordings and transfered them to CD, with digital noise reduction. You'd be amazed how good they sound! That's with one mic on the band and a second mic for the singer. Really good stuff.

Ern
    I'm sure he's got that stuff, since he's a big band fanatic.

JG

Go Back to forum