• Register
  • Help

Topic: Deciding to purchase Garritan...

Share/Bookmark

Question Deciding to purchase Garritan...

I am in the process of deciding to purchase Garritan to use the AU or VST plug-ins with DigitalPerformer 4.5.

To start using it I would just apply the Garritan instruments to previously prepared projects in Digital Performer which use QTime and my midi keyboards/sound modules as the sound source.

In those projects I can set/selec/changet the instrument patch to play in any given track from a drop-down patch map for that instrument.

Is there a patch map of instrumetns for Garritan that I would use to select/set/change the instruments I would want to use/hear?

Or how do I select/set/change the "virtual" instruments in my projects?

Re: Deciding to purchase Garritan...

I'll bump this for you, sad that nobody has been able to answer your question.

DPDan

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    I'll bump this for you, sad that nobody has been able to answer your question.

DPDan

Thanks for the bump.

Perhaps my question is really a dumb a... question or perhpas I have been a real pain in the studio with some of my other questions.

You ask this in the GOS area -- GOS loads into gigastudio by default in order up from bank 0 instrument 0. So if you want specific instrument numbers you have to re-number everything in the editor. That's what I've done in order to apply the same sounds to different midi sequences more easily. If your question is about GPO, it is different (and you should ask in the other forum!)

Also, GOS will not run in DP, GOS requires Gigastudio on a PC.

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Also, GOS will not run in DP, GOS requires Gigastudio on a PC.
    If he has Kontakt or Mach 5 though, he could easily convert GOS into the proper format though. So it isn't necessary to have a PC and GS.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    If he has Kontakt or Mach 5 though, he could easily convert GOS into the proper format though. So it isn't necessary to have a PC and GS.
    I guess that's true then, I'm learning all this stuff. As soon as you think you learn something, you find out that what you learned is now changed.
    Technology does not wait for anyone Hey that was good,
    DPDAN

Go Back to forum