• Register
  • Help

Topic: Global reverb setting...

Share/Bookmark

Global reverb setting...

All,

Is there any way to set global reverb (and other settings) in the 1.5.3 Kontakt? It's a pain to have to insert the settings for each individual instrument.

A perusal of the manual didn't show any information that I could find.

Thanks in advance,

Larry G. Alexander

Re: Global reverb setting...

Larry,

The only thing I can come up with is to turn on Automation for the Reverb control and automate control from Sonar or Cubase or whatever you sequence with. I don't have the manual in front of me and its not a process I use personally, but that would be the avenue that I explored. This way you just set the level you want it at in you're sequencer and then all the instruments would be set to that level thanks to the automation. Of course, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that's going to save you any work.

Geeze, what a maroon I am...

You're using GPO right? Well midi controller CC#24 sends the reverb value for the 'wet' instruments in GPO. You just place your value in the sequencer you use to get the sound you want for each track in the sequencer. And you're done.

Thank you but that wouldn't save any time and trouble I'm afraid.

I don't use the "wet" instruments because they put a very heavy load on my CPU.

There should be some type of control on Kontakt itself that will allow you to enter a global control value for reverb, and other functions, that will affect all instruments simultaneously. That way you don't have to mess around with entering values for each different instrument. I can't seem to find it.

Regards,

Larry G. Alexander

Larry, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking anymore. What reverb are you trying to set? The one in Kontakt or the reverb settings of a plug in (like Ambience?) I assumed that since you were talking about the reverb settings and Kontakt, that you were talking about the built in reverb in Kontakt. If you are referring to this, then this is the same as using the 'wet' instruments. And this setting can be controlled from a midi controller or from automating the setting in you're sequencer provided that each instrument has the reverb applied the same way. Give me some more information about where this reverb is you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Larry, I'm not sure I understand what you are asking anymore. What reverb are you trying to set? The one in Kontakt or the reverb settings of a plug in (like Ambience?) I assumed that since you were talking about the reverb settings and Kontakt, that you were talking about the built in reverb in Kontakt. If you are referring to this, then this is the same as using the 'wet' instruments. And this setting can be controlled from a midi controller or from automating the setting in you're sequencer provided that each instrument has the reverb applied the same way. Give me some more information about where this reverb is you're talking about.
    I'm referring to the Kontakt reverb itself. It appears that I must set the reverb level, room size, damping factor, etc. on each individual sample in the Kontakt "edit" mode. I would like to be able to do this for all of the samples globally since the settings should be the same for all. Surely it is possible to enter just one instance of effects settings that will affect all instruments simultaneously. (?)

Thanks,

Larry A.

I'm wondering if it is even possible. I'm used to using an old sequencer with my JV 2080, where you easily set an overall ambience, and controll the amount with the sliders in the sequencer. Since getting EWQLSO Silver I find assigning reverb to every instrument manually to be a bit of a pain. Would be nice to be able to throw one on that effects every channel at the same time.

Go Back to forum