• Register
  • Help

Topic: how come CC1 wants to go back to 0 for velocity?

Share/Bookmark

how come CC1 wants to go back to 0 for velocity?

I am using a Slider on my Roland XP-80 for CC1 and it always wants to go back to zero velocity, I can't control it it has a mind of it's own.
    even if I record a contorller at the beginning wont's not reading that controller it go back to nothing so I can hear nothing....it's like it's fixed to play no velocity, this making it next to impossible to play the music and create the expressions in it. Does anyone know what's up ?

Re: how come CC1 wants to go back to 0 for velocity?

StrangeCat,

What sequencer are you using? If Cubase, there is a setting in options to disable this. If Logic, there was a rest to "0" bug that was fixed in Logic 7. We have other workarounds. Also make sure your slider is set to CC#1. Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    StrangeCat,

What sequencer are you using? If Cubase, there is a setting in options to disable this. If Logic, there was a rest to "0" bug that was fixed in Logic 7. We have other workarounds. Also make sure your slider is set to CC#1. Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan
    hey again! I am using Sonar Producer 3. Funny is I am using that plugin to change the pitch wheel to CC1 and I found a setting that is working, only it sometimes wants to go back to 0 again. I will fool with the pitch wheel and sometimes it will just decide to go to 0 again. Has anyone else had this problem? the plugin probelm is alwasy when I decrease the volume...the slider just sets it's self back to 0 no matter what LOL.

using Sonar 3 the latest upgrade for Sonar 3 producer has anyone ran into this? the CC1 wants to always go back to 0 no matter what, it's really strange. It wants to go back to 0 has CC1 for the slider C1 on a Roland Keyboard, it wants to go back to 0 using that pugin that changes the pitch wheel to CC1. The only work around I can think of is using a envelope as midi CC1 but that's not going to be the same as playing the music.
    anyone have a work around they use?

Select the "Options | Project" menu
    Click the "Midi Out" tab on the dialog
    Uncheck "Zero Controllers When Play Stops"

It's a good idea also to put a starting CC01 event of some non-zero value at the beginning each midi track.

the above fixed my problem if anyone comes to the same problem do the what is written above in Sonar.
    I found this in the Sonar Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    StrangeCat,

Gary Garritan
    mr. gary,

am using cubase and am experiencing the same problem as strangecat is. my keyboard is a korg triton wherein the mod wheel and pitch wheel are the same.

thanks,
    sounddiver

Go Back to forum