• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RMX test

Share/Bookmark

Talking RMX test

Freaking AAAAAAA Eric – this RMX (now with liquid grooves and bonus material) is so cool.

I wanted to run an experiment and see how ‘short a time’ I could put something ‘listen able’ together (we are all without enough time on projects.) IMHO – besides the unbelievable sounds available – it is just so intuitive and fast to work within RMX. It is it’s strongest feature.

Take a listen and be easy on it’s looseness – but know that I put it together in no more than 20 minutes (the piano is just an improve – straight thru with all the flubs ). A couple of the tracks have a tad of “CHAOS” - no additional processing - (this is straight out of my DAW with a tad of cheapo SX verb on the piano – nothing else).

Simply the best and most ‘useable’ plug in many years.

Many thanks Eric and team.

Rob
    RMX Improve
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: RMX test

Pretty funky ...piano too!! Was that mostly LG at work or the Core RMX Lib...? Both probablly eh? Sounds like your having fun Rob. GW.. Rich

Hey Rich - you know - this is a blast. Can't get any serious work done, just want to play (thanks alot Eric).

Let's see, I have eight channels of 6 RMX grooves and two Liguid grooves (I think?). Who knows, I erased it

The cool thing is that if I was to use Choas more than I did (only on one or two tracks) - it would sound very different. The interplay between all the different libraries is rather seemless. I could very easily throw a couple lines of BackBeat and give it a whole different vibe

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Yeah, haven't received my Xpanders yet but everytime I open up RMX, I just get giddy. It is soooo cool, powerful and musical. I have not felt this "Wow!!" feeling since I was first exposed to a DAW. Awesome stuff.

Nice playing, and nice groove (of course it is, it's RMX! ) Are the expanders released (at least this one) or are you using the original LG library?

And if you have the expander, where did you get it? (pant, pant pant...) I've been waiting patiently (yeah, right!) for the expansion packs, there's so much great potential here.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

It is LG SAGE. Dasher - I preordered from Illio about a week ago - got an email saying they won't be in stock 'for another week'. Surprise - they exceeded by 'expectations'. Somewhat unique in the world of software nowadays it seems.

aplanchard - 'giddy' is a good description

Lee, couldn't agree more on the EASY. If this numskull can figure out percussion programming / loops this fast - anyone can The submixing, FX editing, Choas all lend to your being 'in charge' creatively - in an interesting sort of way. When I am jamming with it, it reminds me of the days improvising with my band 'playing' a moog synth (fussing with all the dials, sliders and filters.)

It would really be cool to have a 'multi' or 'patch' central pool that users could swap.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Elliott
    It is LG SAGE. Dasher - I preordered from Illio about a week ago - got an email saying they won't be in stock 'for another week'. Surprise - they exceeded by 'expectations'. Somewhat unique in the world of software nowadays it seems.

aplanchard - 'giddy' is a good description

Lee, couldn't agree more on the EASY. If this numskull can figure out percussion programming / loops this fast - anyone can The submixing, FX editing, Choas all lend to your being 'in charge' creatively - in an interesting sort of way. When I am jamming with it, it reminds me of the days improvising with my band 'playing' a moog synth (fussing with all the dials, sliders and filters.)

It would really be cool to have a 'multi' or 'patch' central pool that users could swap.

Rob

ROb

Glad youre enjoying this so much. This is truly a great creative tool, and as you say, it takes little to make it sound good. Thats what I like about Spectrasonics in general. They give you this technology that allows you to create, instead of fuss. It kinda brings you back to making music instead of trying to be a technician to figure it out. The layout is very simple, yet powerful.

I enjoyed the Improv. Look forward to hear more.....

Dave

Hey Rob thank you!
    I've been wanting to hear some demos but there aren't any up at Spectrasonics and nobody in their forum (hardly anyone) has posted any. Would you please do me a favor? I'd like to know if RMX could be used for the traditional ABABCB rock/pop song? Could you post something along those lines maybe? Thanks!
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Hey Dave,

I am with you. I don't want to spend all my time programming drums, percussion - I have enough to worry about developing a theme, harmony, counterpoint, etc....

This tool makes you sound good quick. Of course I have just scratched the surface. My feeling is if it is this good and intuitive out of the box - imagine the possibilities.

joshj,

Becuase of this new 'tool' I am behind on so many things so I don't have time to put a standard ABABCB Pop/rock song together, but it VERY possible and has never been faster.

My recommendation is to get the SAGE expanders Backbeat and Liquid Grooves. Both perfectly suited for that genre. You'll also get all the Distorted Reality 1&2 and Vocal Planet bonus stuff.

It really is a simple as 'auditioning' a part/fill - then 'drag and dropping' the 2-4 bar sequence in place. With Groove Control you can also change 'patterns' very easily (either with Choas - which is fun or simply going into the midi file and fooling around in there.)

Haven't been this excited about a product since VSL first came out (in fact for some really cool "bourne supremecy" type of cues work RMX with VSL. It really is endless in possibilities.

Hope this helps.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Eric (and Spectrasonics), what have you done.
    You made us RMX addicted.
    ...Pleeease, give me one more expander

Go Back to forum