• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Still two more pianos on the way: "PianoCartell" (Free demo)

Share/Bookmark

Still two more pianos on the way: "PianoCartell" (Free demo)

A free one octave demo at their site. 8 layers,
    24 bit samples and in the full version, 432 samples
    altogether.

Their grand will be released in January, they say.
    No word on the separate Ballade and e-piano.
    Inexpensive, it seems.

http://www.piano-cartell.com/Products%20EN.html

Re: Still two more pianos on the way: "PianoCartell" (Free demo)

Real hard to tell from only two demos where this piano is at!

JG

I can hear a TVF on the low velocities! Other than that, it tastes like a chorusless YAMAHA CP-80. Maybe it's good for a certain pop style.

------------
    Alex Cremers

At least in the demo, each sample has been stretched over three notes and there are no sustain samples. But I was wrong about the filtering. There's no TVF used after all.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Alex:

Yeah, the treble notes are really bright. I put a one-pole LP -6 filter on it and it helped a lot.

I like what I can hear of this piano--that bass note for example. Try holding it down while playing a few notes in the middle. I don't mind the old-fashioned 3 notes per sample, so long as I can't hear interpolation. This has less of a concert feel and more of a player's perspective, to my ears.

Does it have all pedal down samples? They ring nice and long, and the bass note sounds really rich, but with a strong fundamental.

I'm looking forward to hearing the entire piano on a slow piece.

Alex: In fact, the more I play around with the demo in Kontakt, the more I like this piano. Reminds me of the Vintaudio Steinway a little, but more forceful.

Are you sure the samples mapped correctly to the right octave in your set-up? This piano doesn't sound remotely like a Yamaha CP-80 on my system. Sounds really sweet, in fact, with very little hammer noise, but lots of clarity. Could your installation have moved everything up an octave? (In Kontakt, the note numbers correspond exactly to the note numbers on the samples themselves (So C#1=C#1, etc.) Are the decay and sustain settings right?
    I ask because I first downloaded the Giga demo, and got a corrupt file--maybe because my power went out while I was downloading. But it occurs to me that your file might be off somehow.

I understand your worry about the 3 notes per octave, but I don't hear interpolation, and I'm pretty sure it's all pedal sound samples. And it's 89 euros, or about $118 USD...

No, the playable demo (Giga format) works fine. It's very much possible that they only used pedal down samples.
    Some parts in their demo songs (especially the second one, I just listened to it again) reminded me of a CP-80 , or of the "vintage" roland pianos (maybe it's a combination of the two). Listen to the left hand, Jake. I'm sure with a chorus effect you can emulate them with a satisfying result. To my ears, this piano is not suited for the "classical" style. The sustain also dies fairly strange.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Btw, 89 Euro is already including german VAT it seems, so you merely deal with 77 Euro (about $103 USD). Plus shipping of course... The german page also says the demo patch is from the preproduction 16bit/8Layer material. So the final product might look a bit different next year.

PolarBear

I'm sorry, but this is really OUTRAGOUS! I recognise this sample out of thousands. These people sampled a yamaha P200 or something that uses the same sample (like the Motif) and are now asking money for it! You can even hear the original loops!!!

What's next? A sample of the p250 I guess!

Yamaha should sue these people!

Louis

Question Re: Still two more pianos on the way: "PianoCartell" (Free demo)

Quote Originally Posted by Lowieke
    I'm sorry, but this is really OUTRAGOUS! I recognise this sample out of thousands. These people sampled a yamaha P200 or something that uses the same sample (like the Motif) and are now asking money for it! You can even hear the original loops!!!

What's next? A sample of the p250 I guess!

Yamaha should sue these people!

Louis
    I won't dip my nose too far into this one, but I have to agree it really really (and I can't emphasize really enough) sounds like the 3 strike piano in my Yamaha S90, maybe the developers could clarify that, if they are sampling ROM based samples, that is illegal, those samples are copyrighted.

Kindly
    Franky
    Vintaudio

Go Back to forum