• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rookie Question for anyone who can help..

Share/Bookmark

Rookie Question for anyone who can help..

In the patch editor, I want to assign instruments to separate regions, and everything looks like I\'ve done it right, but when I go to save as a GIG in the wizard, it say\'s \"The regions you have selected overlap other regions these regions will be delted continue?\" Thery are clearly not overlapping eachother. I even took that native vioces .GIG opened it up, and if I don\'t change anything, and just go through the motions as if I created that multi region sound, it still say I have overlapping regions, and that\'s from a professional GIG sample.. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated..Thanks in advance...

Re: Rookie Question for anyone who can help..

Nevermind I figured out what I was doing wrong. But, if anyone can tell me how to map sounds and get the high notes without having them speed up to get the gradual incline across the octaves on a keyboard...Do the pro\'s default the whole thing to middle C and then map the sounds according to their note and key that they we\'re originally recorded in?..

Originally posted by Steelhed:
    But, if anyone can tell me how to map sounds and get the high notes without having them speed up to get the gradual incline across the octaves on a keyboard...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You need pitch-shift & time-stretch for this...
    Giga can\'t...

Need NI Kontakt or any Roland with variphrase or Akai Z series, or Creamware STS5000...

Maybe others, i don\'t know all of them.

A way around is to sample sounds at every pitch, and this is where Giga is strong, if your program is 1gig in size, no problem! It is streaming...

Thanks Marcus \"A way around is to sample sounds at every pitch\" I was starting to think along those lines, So would I make my range C-1 to C-1 so that I get the original note that the wav was sampled in? There is a program out there called findsounds pallete, it wil convert wav\'s to any key/note, so that might do the trick. But yeah, if you have any suggestions on how to set-up my mapping to where I can map individually sampled notes to the regions without it taking over and making the key\'s go from C-1 to G9? What sampler do the pro\'s use to do .GIGS? Not Gigasampler right? Also, can you recommend another program that will convert to each note, other than the one I mentioned that might be better? Thanks in advance..

Go Back to forum