• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pachel's Belle Canon and Fugue

Share/Bookmark

Pachel's Belle Canon and Fugue

Well, you probably did not know that the Pachelbel Canon in D had a fugue. Well, neither did Herr Pachelbel. This piece, Pachel's Belle Canon and Fugue, begins with the recognizable canon, now done for organ in two voices, with the pedal playing an unrealized figured bass. The fugue, added by Herr Wayland, opens with a subject that is a distortion a bit of the canon. A little tricky, but playable. The instrumentation is entirely GPO pipe organ.

The link is to the mp3 file on my Sibelius scores page.

http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/mp3/5/8/7/58747.mp3

I have not tried this method before, but it looks okay; I tried it, but did not actually download the mp3.

If this piece generates some interest, I will add links now and then to some other organ pieces, of which I have 30 or so.

Habichuelas y Frijoles and Chocolate Chip Cookies are my current favorites, not likely to be played on the pipe organ during quiet moments in the service!

Richard

Re: Pachel's Belle Canon and Fugue

Wow, this certainly is different take on this song than I'm used to hearing. I love organ works. This is good. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Thanks for posting it.
    Tim

Richard,

This was quite an interpretation - Pachelbel meets Phantom of the Opera. It was fabulous.

A short while ago this forum we did a "Pachelbel's Canon - Let's Hear Your Interpretation". We received some really fantastic renditions and I would like to add your version to the thread.

Thanks very much for posting this. Totally enjoyable!

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Richard,

This was quite an interpretation - Pachelbel meets Phantom of the Opera. It was fabulous.

A short while ago this forum we did a "Pachelbel's Canon - Let's Hear Your Interpretation". We received some really fantastic renditions and I would like to add your version to the thread.

Thanks very much for posting this. Totally enjoyable!

Gary Garritan
    Well, thanks for your kind remarks. I am always thrilled when my musical efforts are appreciated. It spurs me on to do more! Sure, add it to the thread.

Richard

Thumbs up Re: Pachel's Belle Canon and Fugue

Richard,
    This is truly an amazing work of art! Not much more to say except, thank you very much...
    Styxx

Go Back to forum