• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is Gigastudio32 ok for some gig-file checking / editing?

Share/Bookmark

Is Gigastudio32 ok for some gig-file checking / editing?

I am using HALion, but I would like to have a Gigastudio available to open .gig files in their native environment, i.e for reference checks like if the conversion is ok etc.

One other requirement: Is it possible to load a .gig and .art file and save the result as a new .gig?

Does the 32 version have any other limitation besides the lower voice count and the missing FX?

Chris

Re: Is Gigastudio32 ok for some gig-file checking / editing?

I guess I shouldn\'t have mentioned HALion in my post... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Certainly it should be fine, however, you should probably verify whether the editor is included with the 32 version before you buy.

Thanks Doug, good point... if anyone else knows about this, please drop a line... I also see what I can find out on the Tascam Site...

GigaStudio 32 does include the Giga Editor and you can use it to modify your giga samples. However, HALion does not handle all Giga features (e.g., crossfades) and the converter in HALion will likely fail to convert some programmed settings. You may want to pick up CDXtract\'s latest conversion application to convert the more complex edited samples.

Go Back to forum