Now that Dan is selling single discs from DDBE I am wondering what instrument group is actually the best within the full set. The French Horns, Trumpets or Trombones?
I am mainly interested in the ambient versions and can probably only afford 1 or 2 discs.
I already have a pile of brass:
- Dan Dean Solo Brass (still fond of it, although the horn needed drastic EQ-ing to match it with ProjectSAM)
- ProjectSam, all brass libs (I am actually not so happy with the slow attacks, making legato lines hard to make). The sound is great though, the playability not so, IMO).
- VSL Opus 1 - Apart from the legato/performance programs, I'm not (yet) really impressed by their brass.
- BOB trombones. Actually not really bad for p - mp, but I have to make selections
- EWQLSO Gold - not yet explored very well. What are your opinions on the brass in Gold?
Does anyone know good DDBE demos outside of Dan's site?