• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: As She Dances (Beth)

Share/Bookmark

As She Dances (Beth)

This piece was written in 94 using a Roland SC88 and External sequencer. I replace the Roland strings with Garritan PO strings and as well as other GPO instruments.
    The drums are Roland and some of the other instrumentation is as well. English horn solo 1 was added, flute doubling with Roland sound source (couldn't take the dang thing out cause it was mixed tracked) and Percussion toys. Actually, when finished, it turned out to be 60% GPO and 40% Roland SC88 sounds.
    Critiques welcome!

Go to Joseph Burrell's post below for the link.

Edit - I think Gary wanted to know how I achieved such a wide spread effect on with the cymbal crescendo roll in the intro. Actually, it was a cinnamon roll and I buttered it twice… no, wait, that’s not it. That was yesterdays breakfast, sorry.
    I took GPO cymbal with the long crescendo roll and triple tracked it each starting a split second after the other, paned one left center, one center, one right center and all ending up together. I achieved this by playing them releasing at approximate times. So there! Anything else? How about how I got the dancer to wear bowling shoes while performing a flamingo on Lake Erie frozen waters during a blizzard?
    Styxx

Re: As She Dances (Beth)

Very nice. GPO Guitar? Sounds like the soundtrack to some steamy Latin romance filmed on some moonlit street in Buenos Aries.
    Trent P. McDonald

That's really nice Mike! The sort of piece that could easily fit into a Bond movie.... I had the SC55 Sound Canvas....trust you to have the fancy one!!! Good modules in their day....

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    Very nice. GPO Guitar? Sounds like the soundtrack to some steamy Latin romance filmed on some moonlit street in Buenos Aries.
    GPO guitar? Nope, Roland SC88. It will be replaced soon with real guitar. Thank you all for the kind woids.
    Styxx

That is cool. Great job, Mike. I agree that it's very "Bond-ish".
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

I failed to mention GPO glockenspiel so it makes it more 65 35 in favor of GPO.
    Thanks Shaz.
    Better "Bond-ish" than "Bond-age" or "Bone-less"!
    Styxx

Your intro is a really pretty "carpet" of sound, Mikey! The rest of the work ain't bad either. I love Latin rhythm!

The percussion is nice and solid and not overbearing, but I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

My best,

Larry A.

This should sound amazing with real guitar. The arrangement is really nice and lush. I love that 3 chord that creeps into the verse. Actually, this reminds me a bit of Bjork's Isabel gone all latin! The percussion is KILLER (even that vintage Roland Phil Collins shaker )

Dude! Great

Thumbs up Re: As She Dances (Beth)

Styxx,

What a pleasant surprise! This is a head-turner. It's like Juan Valdez meets James Bond (Giorgio influence?).

This is so hypnotic and captivating. Great groove and very very well done.

Thanks for posting this piece.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast