• Register
  • Help

Topic: portaudio error (-9997): Invalid Sample Rate

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation portaudio error (-9997): Invalid Sample Rate

I just received GPO and I must say that I am very impressed; however, I just recently switched my sample rate in GPO studio from 48000 to 44100 (because I was ready to burn onto a CD) and GPO studio died on me. I tried uninstalling GPO studio and reinstalling it (v1.2) but to no avail.

Now when I try to get into GPO studio, I get the error message:
    portaudio error (-9997): Invalid Sample Rate
    unable to initialize audio drivers

and then in prints up a big error log that it wants me to mail to harps.com (but my studio computer isn't hooked up to the Internet!).

I searched this forum already for an answer, but the answer given didn't work for me (I honestly don't know anything about regedit, so maybe I just couldn't figure out the answer)

I use a Soundblaster audigy 2 platinum pro card and have 1 gig of ram.

any help will be GREATLY appreciated! time is crucial! Thank you,
    Paul David Bergel

Re: portaudio error (-9997): Invalid Sample Rate

Quote Originally Posted by bergelp
    I just received GPO and I must say that I am very impressed; however, I just recently switched my sample rate in GPO studio from 48000 to 44100 (because I was ready to burn onto a CD) and GPO studio died on me. I tried uninstalling GPO studio and reinstalling it (v1.2) but to no avail.

Now when I try to get into GPO studio, I get the error message:
    portaudio error (-9997): Invalid Sample Rate
    unable to initialize audio drivers

and then in prints up a big error log that it wants me to mail to harps.com (but my studio computer isn't hooked up to the Internet!).

I searched this forum already for an answer, but the answer given didn't work for me (I honestly don't know anything about regedit, so maybe I just couldn't figure out the answer)

I use a Soundblaster audigy 2 platinum pro card and have 1 gig of ram.

any help will be GREATLY appreciated! time is crucial! Thank you,
    Paul David Bergel

Well, I have an Audigy 2 ZS, similar to the platinum. It works ONLY at 4800 sample rate. So record at that rate, then convert your wav file. You should have received a Creative Audio Converter file on your Audigy installation disk.

If you have trouble finding or using it, you can contact me via email (I check frequently) or here, where I check when I am tired of balancing checkbooks, arranging music, etc!

Richard

Go Back to forum