• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RMX Problem seeing converted Akai to SAGE files

Share/Bookmark

RMX Problem seeing converted Akai to SAGE files

OK, I purchased RMX and really love it so far. I already have Metomorphosis and liquid grooves on Akai CD's. I used the SAGE converter program and converted them. I re-open RMX but cannot find them. I see them in C: program files/spectrasonics/sage/ Can anyone shed light on what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Carrie

Re: RMX Problem seeing converted Akai to SAGE files

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am on a Mac. I did convert the libraries with my laptop (SAGE V1.1) and moved it over to my G5. The SAGE folder is inside of the apps folder.

cheers, imusic

fixed my problem, had the files on a wrong location, ...

I guess (if you are on a PC) you have also 2 SAGE folders right now, put the new content in the old SAGE folder and you should be set ... (I guess... it helped on the Mac side)

cheers, imusic

Did you open the EXP Libraries Master directory in the Browser?

spectrum

Yes I did Spectrum. In the Directory there are only 2 choices- Core Library and user favorites. In my core library I have a choice of RMX Grooves, Classic Stylus, Groove Elements, Sound Menus, and Example Groove Menus. No SAGE or EXP libraries listed to choose from. Here is where my SAGE conversion are:

D:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Spectrasonics\SAGE\Stylus RMX\Core Library\SAGE libraries\EXP libraries

I also have the shortcut to my C drive under the spectrasonics folder. Everything works fine but the EXP libraries. Heeeelp!

Thanks,

Carrie

Is your OS (the system32 folder) installed on your C drive or your D drive? Is your Program Files/Spectrasonics folder on your C drive or your D drive? Is the SAGE in your Program Files/Spectrasonics folder a shortcut or a folder? If it is a shortcut, what is the target (right-click/Properties)?

- Glenn

Thank you for the help. Windows XP is on my C drive. The program files/spectrasonics file is also on my C drive. The SAGE folder in my program files/spectrasonics is a shortcut and the target is: D:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Spectrasonics\SAGE

Carrie

Ok, what version of the SAGE Convertor are you using? After you convert the CDROM's, what all is in your EXP Libraries folder?

- Glenn

The newest version. They seemed to convert fine. It's just that RMX cannot read them I guess. In my EXP folder there are the Liquid Grooves and the Metomorphis files. I'm stumped!

Carrie

Wow, no one can help me? I guess I'll be waiting a week for Spectrasonics support to get back a hold of me.

Carrie

Go Back to forum