• Register
  • Help

Topic: GSEdit not the most stable piece of software!

Share/Bookmark

GSEdit not the most stable piece of software!

My girlfriend got me David Govett for Christmas! Now I have David\'s expertise with GigaStudio at hand, and I\'m learning all kinds of stuff about the instrument editor. Plus, David has adjusted nicely to our daily routine and lifestyles.

Seriously though... the GS Mastery Tutorial is great! I\'m sure I\'m wreaking havoc by doing wrong stuff in the process of learning, but GSEdit is really unstable. If I have the wrong values for crossfading, I\'m in trouble. Once, I hit a key on my keyboard and I bluescreened.. caused by ew.sys, whatever that is. Also, I noticed when dragging a sample onto the velocity map, sometimes the GSEdit app crashes.

Are these known issues, or is it just me?

Thanks.

Re: GSEdit not the most stable piece of software!

Happens all the time... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    That velocity region note drag crash, that is.

Pretty annoying.

I never have that specific error.

I dunno man. I do ALOT of editing, and yah I crash, but its usually when I\'m loading multiple HUGE gigs.

I never have a prob with wrong Crossfade settings.

This is a guaranteed crash for me:

Define a new region, drag a sample onto it in the velocity box. Add a 2nd layer.. click the new layer, drag another sample onto the velocity box for the 2nd layer. Boom. I restart GSEdit and do it again, works fine. Very strange. Maybe I\'m doing something wrong, but for the price paid for GigaStudio, I would expect an error message to come up saying \"you can\'t do that\" instead of a crash.

Go Back to forum