• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Can you create keyswitches

Share/Bookmark

Can you create keyswitches

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if new key switched GPO instruments could be made using the full version of Kontakt and then put into GPO. For example, I could really use the seperate string sections with just the short + sustain (with and without mute), tremelo (with and without mute), and pizz. That would be awesome because the current key switch instruments seem to bog my machine down, I now, I need more RAM. I'm working on it.

Now here's the big question, if they can be made and used in GPO, does anyone with Kontakt feel up to the challenge? :-)

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Exclamation Re: Can you create keyswitches

Wow! Wouldn't that be double-plus-super cool!? If you could load up a series on individual patches and associated key-switching keys to each and save your "creation" that could lead to a lot more interesting use of RAM. The problem I have with most KSs is that I might need 2 or 3 out of the 8 or 10, so the overhead of the other 7 or 8 is daunting. (Of course, the flip side is that I would need to divide what is logially ONE line into two or more using strictly separate instrument patches.)

Someone find out from NI, please? If this is possible, I'd gladly buy the upgrade to full Kontakt! (Lining up here with my plastic in hand!)

Neat idea, Jonny!

KevinKauai

Re: Can you create keyswitches

I thought you could create your own keyswitches with the full version of Kontakt. I swear I read that some place. I've never tried it though, so I'm not positive.
    Tim

So, does anyone with full Kontakt want to give it a try for us?

:-)

Jonny

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Custom keyswitched instruments can certainly be constructed in the full version of Kontakt. That's where I do all programming for the library.

Tom

Excellent Tom, That's exactly what I wanted to hear! :-)

Any takers?? Come on!!!! You know you want to!!!!

Jonny

I think FireGS mentioned something about making keyswitches. Maybe he can help.

Keyswitching can be made easily in Kontakt. The downside is there seems to be no way to copy over envelopes and other settings that the original patch uses. I also can't sseem to delete an empty group either. I have only had fleeting time to deal with it so the answer may be in the manual but it wasn't obvious on any of the menus in Kontakt.
    Chris

Create the custom KS patches through reduction. Choose one of the groups you do NOT want to include in the new KS, "rubber band" the zones, and hit "delete" to remove the zones. Repeat with all other groups you wish to eliminate. Then use the "purge empty groups" command to complete the reduction. Save under a new name.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Create the custom KS patches through reduction. Choose one of the groups you do NOT want to include in the new KS, "rubber band" the zones, and hit "delete" to remove the zones. Repeat with all other groups you wish to eliminate. Then use the "purge empty groups" command to complete the reduction. Save under a new name.

Tom
    Sure glad I only have to use these things and not have to program them. I tried deleting the rubber band around the mid zone this morning and my pants fell down. Oh well, shows ya what I know. Think I'll just go back to bed.

Karl

Go Back to forum