• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: It's Snowing in 'ol Beeffalo today

Share/Bookmark

Talking It's Snowing in 'ol Beeffalo today

and I mean SNOWING!
    Come on! One of you awesome writers compose a happy, nice, gay, (did I say Gay?) so?, it means "Carefree"!
    I know Shazbot is sitting there longing for those nice wet, slushy, cold, runny nose, filthy yellow snow (watch out where the huskies go, don't you eat that yellow snow) Good ol Frank Zappa I miss his musical wit!

So, come on and write a little ditty about these soft rather light flakes that are coming down BY THE MILLIONS!

My Christmas wish is, I want to lay on a sandy white beach under blue skies, warm sun, 12 surfers surfing, 11 seagulls calling, 10 sandpipers piping, 9 jellyfish jelling, 8 shellfish shelling, 7 beauties bathing, 6 ice creams melting, 5 hundred grand. 4 yachts a sailing, 3 Disney passes, 2 full champagne glasses, and one Master Card for me ... Ching! Ching!
    Styxx

Re: It's Snowing in 'ol Beeffalo today

How about a poem about winter? Maybe I'll post it when I get home... Probably not. Who wants to read poetry by some two bit hack?

Styxx, you in Buffalo? Man, 40 years ago I had the best chocolate milk of my life there in a little hole-in-the-wall after-hours restaurant. Like a milkshake (or frappe,) thick and tasty.

Merry Christmas, and don't send me a Slushy!

I live in California for many reasons, this is high on that list.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Quote Originally Posted by thesoundsmith
    Styxx, you in Buffalo? Man, 40 years ago I had the best chocolate milk of my life there in a little hole-in-the-wall after-hours restaurant. Like a milkshake (or frappe,) thick and tasty.

Merry Christmas, and don't send me a Slushy!

I live in California for many reasons, this is high on that list.
    Well, actually 20 mile out from Beeffalo. Are you crazy! Live in that dump of a city!
    I have a cousin who lives in L.A. an architect designer. California, my dad had an offer to work in California when he first married my mom. Mom wouldn't move naturally because of family. I often wonder what life might have been if dad only took the job.
    sigh...i want some sun......nnn....nnnnnnn.

Chocolate milk? Must have been Hershseys Chocolate milk!
    Styxx

Chocolate milk? Must have been Hershseys Chocolate milk!
    It didn't taste like either Hersey's OR Nestle's - this was a small local dairy, name long since forgotten, from the large restaurant-pack milk-machine dispenser. The texture was thick like a shake, but tasted more like Tobler than American.

I've just removed a long rant that has no place here, but let me say you would have liked CA in the old (pre-Republican rip-off) days.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

In this modern age of high-speed internet, digital cameras, and computers you couldn't put up a picture for the people who live in warmer areas? The most common winter precipitation is what was witnessed during the 3rd quarter of the Monday Night Football game between the Tits and the Chefs.

I know... pathetic.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Well, actually 20 mile out from Beeffalo. Are you crazy! Live in that dump of a city! ...
    Hey Styxx,

'bout 30 years ago I played a few gigs just outside of Buffalo in ski country. The joint we played in was called the 'Belle Starr'. I believe. Did you ever know of that place? Sorry, I can't remember what the township, or whatever, of that area was called. Boy, it was some crazy times, then, I tell ya.

-Rudy

Besides the anatomical reference, what are Tits?

stevemitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Daag Nabbott
    Hey Styxx,

'bout 30 years ago I played a few gigs just outside of Buffalo in ski country. The joint we played in was called the 'Belle Starr'. I believe. Did you ever know of that place? Sorry, I can't remember what the township, or whatever, of that area was called. Boy, it was some crazy times, then, I tell ya.

-Rudy
    HOLY DGEESUS THE BELLE STARR! I used to play there quite often, wait, Colden NY I believe! Schighst, it's been a long time. I remember filling in for a good friends band who's drummer was sick with the flu. That place rocked 7 nights a week and was a favorite of all of us! Man, do I have stories! What was the name of the group? Yes, the stories...
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I know Shazbot is sitting there longing for those nice wet, slushy, cold, runny nose, filthy yellow snow
    Oh yeah, I miss shoveling for hours through several feet of snow in my driveway, only to wake up the next morning to find that it's all been filled in again.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Go Back to forum