• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vienna Giga Symphony expansion

Share/Bookmark

Vienna Giga Symphony expansion

Has anybody heard any rumblings of an expansion to the bundled Vienna Giga Symphony? Something that would take the 'basic' orchestra to the next level and for less than $500 seems ideal to me? Just a thought...

Mark TS

Re: Vienna Giga Symphony expansion

I highly doubt it. VSL has a number of products, covering all budgets (Opus1, First Edition, Pro Edition, Horizon Series).

Given the samples are in 24-bit, I would assume VSL will eventually release some products in 24-bit format.

That would be nice. I had hoped they would have included some legato patches but alas, they are only 1 octave demo patches. Rats.

I have it from a reliable source (nameless) that VSL is planning on a 'GPO' type of thing which is supposed to be priced comparably. This would however, be something which would use Kontakt programming instead of sampled articulations, so it seems VSL is going the budget orchestra route.

I don't think GS3 is popular enough at this point in terms of sales to be an incentive to any sample developers to do what you suggest.

Heck, for $398, just buy GOLD on the group sale!

They already include something along those lines in Giga3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Yeah, I upgraded from GS3 Solo to Orchestra because I'm a cheapskate bastard who thought I'd get some great bundled VSL sounds for nothing. Well, actually, the 24 bit samples are quite good- very clear and detailed. But, as I've mentioned 5 million times before, the demo performance legato patches are just stunning. I guess that was VSL's plan- to lure us in with colossal sounds from their main library...buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    Actually I was reffering to a KONTAKT-based product like GPO. the GS3 soundset is a different animal, as least that was what was inferred to me.

Go Back to forum