• Register
  • Help

Topic: How does it sound?

How does it sound?

I'm trying to make my attemps longer and longer. Maybe within next year I'll be able to put together a whole minute of music!

Thank you for your benevolence.

PS - GPO is a great piece of software, I'm doing lots of advertising among my friends...

Wilton, NH

Re: How does it sound?

You seem to know what to do with the sounds and are getting a lot of realism, now we just need more than 28 seconds.
    Trent P. McDonald

That was awesome, I can't wait for something like this to develop into a nice long piece!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thank you, I feel encouraged to keep studying! I don't hesitate to post my attempts, partly beacuse I really enjoy sharing virtually anything, partly because as a beginner in orchestration I need appreciation and, most important, critics to find the way. Even a or a have great importance (to me).

Kauai, Hawaii, USA

Thumbs up Re: How does it sound?

China -- Very convincing and quite charming as far as it goes. The only possible flaw that I could sense is a certain overlap that didn't quite seem orchestrally "natural", but then again, rules are made to be broken, you know!

Don't be shy! Give us more!

Kevin, thanks for appreciating and encouraging me: many people say I'm shy

As I wrote, for beginners criticisms are even more important than encouraging words (though these do not harm at all )

Indeed I appreciated your piece that won the competition, so I have a real interest in your technical remarks. By "overlapping" you mean an excessive accumulation of instruments generating confusion? Thanks again.

Kevin, I slowed the tempo and tried to improve the overall clarity. Currently I'm not able to get much more from this short, but now it lasts 30 seconds! What an improvement!

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: How does it sound?

GPO is even nicer (the forumists too)

Thank you.

Go Back to forum