• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Old Lady Group Buy version- does it need updates??

Share/Bookmark

Old Lady Group Buy version- does it need updates??

I'm loving the Old Lady (so to speak) - I tickle her with glee every day
    I saw there are some updates and patches on the PMI website. Does the version that shipped for the group buy contain these (for GS3) or should we DL those updates? Thanks!

BTW, sorry if this has been addressed- I did a search and found nada...

Re: Old Lady Group Buy version- does it need updates??

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    I'm loving the Old Lady (so to speak) - I tickle her with glee every day
    That's the spirit!
    I saw there are some updates and patches on the PMI website. Does the version that shipped for the group buy contain these (for GS3) or should we DL those updates? Thanks!
    Yes, I always recommend to download the latest patches for all our instruments. We ship disks with current patches but we are also making constant updates as part of our effort to make instruments better. The GS3 version for example has a few notes (high D5) at the highest velocity layers with a little glitch. When you isolate them in a melody line you'll find them disturbing. The latest articulation file fixed that and was created after the last duplication run.
    If you make it good practise to always download the latest updates you are certain that your instrument is in the best condition.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Hi. I bought the GS 2 version of the Old Lady in the Group Buy. It sounds amazing. I downloaded the release samples and they seem to be working fine.

The problem is with the "small bug fix" download for GS 2 that is provided as a "Articulation File".

I am using the Old Lady in Giga 2 format via sfz+ beta (with giga support), which does not include the editor.

Do you know if the Group Buy version included the update in the "small bug fix" for the GS 2 version? I think the update occured in September 2004. If the update was included in the DVD's shipped with the group buy, then I am set.

Thanks for your assistance.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Hi Jeff1, I´m almost certain the update is not used for the instrument on the DVD´s. However you are no lost! It seems TRANSLATOR has an option that says, load articulation file for Giga instruments.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Hey Michiel,

I got the Old Lady Piano on the Group Buy in Halion format, but there are few notes where the samples have a bad, destorted attack. I'm talking about notes C5 and F6. I think that there might be one or two others but the ones I'm talking about are really annoying.
    What can I do to get the right samples for that library? For now I pitchshifted other samples in order to make up for the bad ones, but I can hear some sound degregation with that process, and since I paid for the library I would like to get a usable product.

So what can I do? or what can you do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    Hi Jeff1, I´m almost certain the update is not used for the instrument on the DVD´s. However you are no lost! It seems TRANSLATOR has an option that says, load articulation file for Giga instruments.
    Hi, Michiel. Thank you for your replies.

I guess my problem is that I am using Giga 2 format in sfz+. Can you tell me what "Translator" is and how I would get and use it?

In the alternative, is there a way I could just download the updated Giga file or get in on CD (I would pay for shipping etc.).

Sorry to be such a pain; I know that officially you just support Giga 2, not the sfz+ beta for using Giga+2, but if you could help, I would appreciate it.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Hey Michiel?

Answer please...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    Hi, Michiel. Thank you for your replies.

I guess my problem is that I am using Giga 2 format in sfz+. Can you tell me what "Translator" is and how I would get and use it?

In the alternative, is there a way I could just download the updated Giga file or get in on CD (I would pay for shipping etc.).

Sorry to be such a pain; I know that officially you just support Giga 2, not the sfz+ beta for using Giga+2, but if you could help, I would appreciate it.

jeffn1
    Translator is THE sampler fromat translation and support tool. See www.chickensys.com
    They have a demo version, maybe it supports the loading of art files.
    If not, we´ll send you the updated Giga file on DVD or CD. Drop us an email with the request.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewW
    I got the Old Lady Piano on the Group Buy in Halion format, but there are few notes where the samples have a bad, destorted attack. I'm talking about notes C5 and F6. I think that there might be one or two others but the ones I'm talking about are really annoying.
    What can I do to get the right samples for that library? For now I pitchshifted other samples in order to make up for the bad ones, but I can hear some sound degregation with that process, and since I paid for the library I would like to get a usable product.

So what can I do? or what can you do about it?

Answer please...
    If I remember correct these samples were fixed with an update that is on our website: postpiano.com-support-old lady halion etc. The details are in the manual....The latest patches are created Nov 19,
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    Translator is THE sampler fromat translation and support tool. See www.chickensys.com
    They have a demo version, maybe it supports the loading of art files.
    If not, we´ll send you the updated Giga file on DVD or CD. Drop us an email with the request.
    Michiel:

You are great! Thank you. I will send you an e-mail.

jeffn1

Go Back to forum