• Register
  • Help

Topic: Heros And Dragons- final version!!

Heros And Dragons- final version!!

Well, I think this is it- it has to go out Fed Ex tomorrow (today!)

Most of the major warts are hidden under a thick layer of pancake

Final score:

Live: drums, guitar, bass (played by the cowriter and bass player who has a BROKEN HAND and insisted on doing it!), Moog Taurus bass pedals, vocals

One live violin, one live viola, one live cello

GOS string section
    GPO solo violins, extra percussion, Steinway
    SAM horns and brass
    Westgate flute and english horn
    Voices Of The Apocalypse choir

All adds up to one big mess Thanks everyone for your thoughts and ideas along the way!

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: Heros And Dragons- final version!!

I like very much! Too bad laptop speakers kill drums and bass with no mercy. Everything else sounds wonderful. Nicely orchestrated and balanced.
    By the way, if I may ask, where is it off to?

Nice feel.
    Thanks for sharing.

Wilton, NH

Re: Heros And Dragons- final version!!

Sounds great. The live sounds mix very well with the sample libraries. When I was listening to earlier versions I was hoping you were going to put in a synth bass drone so I was happy when I heard the Moog Taurus kick in. It was intersting listening to the different versions as this progressed.
    Trent P. McDonald

Yes, very nice blend of live and samples and a great prog sounding song. The strings sound especially nice.

I was soon going to post a GPO arranged song about heroes and dragons. Thankfully, it's very different than this. I don't mean "thankfully" as if this isn't good, but that it's not the same kind of thing. Ah, you know what I mean!

- Cool Tunes for Kids -

I really enjoyed listening to this one. It's a great mix of live and samples. Just shows what an improvement can be made with a little live added to the samples.

-- Martin

Great piano, and you really made those strings sing. The instruments flowed very well together. Awesome dynamics, and overall orchestration! I especially like the instrumental parts at about 3:20. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum