• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL Woodwinds Ensemble

Share/Bookmark

VSL Woodwinds Ensemble

Hi there,

I´m close to buying the VSL Woodwind Ensemble because I lack a decent woodwind ensemble lib. Currently I use GPO for ensemble and Westgate Solo Woodwinds for solo (obviously ).

Is there any other recommendation besides VSL? Can anyone who is using this lib comment? I´d appreciate any info.

Thanks in advance

Holger
    Holger von Baer

Re: VSL Woodwinds Ensemble

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmy
    There are other woodwind ensembles currently available but nothing comes close in realisim and playability to the VSL collection. VSL does woodwinds extremely well and this collection does not dissapoint IMO. Since you have not tried the VSL libs you may find one nasty side effect...You will want more of them and the habit can get pricey.
    Ouch !
    Well, as long as that´ll be the only "nasty" side effect, I´m willing to take the risk.
    Thanks for the swift reply, Sharmy. As you use VSL, I guess you know what you´re talking about. Of course I know and love their demos and I am almost sold as long as no one will step in and shout:" I object !"

Best
    Holger
    Holger von Baer

Are we talking about VSL or Horizon Woodwinds? And if so, what are the main differences between the two?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    Are we talking about VSL or Horizon Woodwinds? And if so, what are the main differences between the two?
    Actually it´s from the Horizon series. I believe from the "main" VSL Edition you can only buy a combination of brass & winds.
    The VSL Woodwind Ensemble are new recordings and have nothing to do with the VSL Editions. Soundwise I have no clue what the differences are.

Best
    Holger
    Holger von Baer

Yes, ensemble is a new recording, orginal VSL havn´t got a Woodwind ensemble.

And yes - I think that this lib sounds GREAT, because VSL winds with legato future are unbeatable....and must agree with - when you first try the legato, you will want more

Quote Originally Posted by Beel
    The VSL Woodwind Ensemble are new recordings and have nothing to do with the VSL Editions. Soundwise I have no clue what the differences are.

Best
    Holger
    There is no solo instruments in Woodwind Ensembles and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Beel
    Of course I know and love their demos and I am almost sold as long as no one will step in and shout:" I object !"
    You dont have to worry about that! No one in their right mind would object to VSL woodwinds, especially with the aid of the legato tool. I own opus 1 and the legato woodwinds are amazing. And you dont have to worry if you do then feel the need to buy something like opus 1 in the future. Because I would still buy the Woodwind Ensembles without even thinking. It would add some very nice colours to the solo woodwinds in opus 1.

Just talking about the Woodwind Ensembles definitely makes me want it even more. But I cant have everything I want .

And you have been warned. VSL = more VSL

I wonder what the difference is between mixing VSL solo woods with other libs and using the VSL WW ensembles. Is it much more realistic?

I currently have and use VSL Opus 1 (incl. woods), Dan Dean SW (great!), Westgate (a bit too much air IMO) and an occasional leftover from AO.

Would switching to VSL solo woods and ensemble woods seriously improve the realism?

Does anyone have any experience working with the articulations that have been recorded at specific tempos (E.g. 120 bpm) and using them at different tempos? Would you use a time stretch tool?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WayneSim
    You dont have to worry about that! No one in their right mind would object to VSL woodwinds, especially with the aid of the legato tool. I own opus 1 and the legato woodwinds are amazing. And you dont have to worry if you do then feel the need to buy something like opus 1 in the future. Because I would still buy the Woodwind Ensembles without even thinking. It would add some very nice colours to the solo woodwinds in opus 1.
    Actually I am interested in also getting Opus 1... to be honest, I am interested in getting the whole VSL Collection ( once I won the lottery, hehe). Oh well..

Just talking about the Woodwind Ensembles definitely makes me want it even more. But I cant have everything I want .
    Hey, don´t blame me
    But as I stated above, it´s the same with me. I can´t have everything I want... but I am working hard to make it possible.

Best
    Holger
    Holger von Baer

Go Back to forum