• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: From the shadows...

Share/Bookmark

From the shadows...

I just wanted to pop out of the shadows to say hi. I finally got an orchestral library (GPO). It's really been a kick in the pants to use it, so far.

For the last...wow it's already been 17 years...I've poked around on the guitar. For the last 5 I've been wanting to make music like I hear in movies, or classical recordings. I think getting this library is my first real step into actually learning how to do all that and I'm really excited about it.

I'm glad this community is here. It seems very supportive of beginners like me and I'll need all the help I can get so....Hi, and Thanks.

Andrew

Re: From the shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    I just wanted to pop out of the shadows to say hi. I finally got an orchestral library (GPO). It's really been a kick in the pants to use it, so far.

For the last...wow it's already been 17 years...I've poked around on the guitar. For the last 5 I've been wanting to make music like I hear in movies, or classical recordings. I think getting this library is my first real step into actually learning how to do all that and I'm really excited about it.

I'm glad this community is here. It seems very supportive of beginners like me and I'll need all the help I can get so....Hi, and Thanks.

Andrew
    It always pleases me when someone finds GPO. You will love it, it is one of the easiest things to use, but you will undoubtedly find some problems that don't seem to have answers. Don't hesitate to post your questions here. There are plenty of people willing and able to help.

Richard

Did you ever notice how hard it is to type when a cat keeps knocking your hands off the keyboard?

Hi Andrew,

Just want to welcome you to this great forum. You are in for quite a ride with GPO. Been on this horse for a year now and just don't want to get off. Don't hesitate to chime in whenever you get the urge, and don't be shy about asking questions. Hope to hear some of your GPO music real soon.

Karl

Thumbs up Re: From the shadows...

Hi Andrew and welcome to our little family of diverse individuals!
    First off, I would like to say that I am not really a person. I am indeed a cartoon character that thinks he is a real person. As a moderator, I will at times be diligent at reading posts and commenting (quite insanely) on concerns, problems, aspects, advice, educational needs, cash flow, green stamps, gas prices, a need for a cooking class, one pound of trout cake mix, leather GPO slap samples never before heard of in the history of mankind, T-shirts (new and used), large brown bags with two holes for eyes, a partridge in an apple tree (no one said it be perfect), Christine Applegate, large big boomy bass drum, 2112 written backwards, and most of all, demos! Lots and lots of new music demos with GPO, GOS, GOS lite and mixtures! AND Big FOOT! Yes, you heard right, BIG FOOT! I can assure you Big Foot is not a myth. The creature has been know to rear its ugly head from time to time. So, if you encounter this creature while favoring us with some of your music, don't take him to heart! Just call one of us moderators and we'll take care of everything for ya!
    Now, how’s that for a welcome?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    It seems very supportive of beginners like me and I'll need all the help I can get so....Hi, and Thanks.
    Andrew
    I've been participating for a number of months now and as an amateur and true beginner, this forum has been nothing be supportive. The participants may not be able to turn you into the next Beethoven, but they can sure help you learn the fundementals of GPO as well as Classical music in general.

This forum is a very cool place to be!

The participants may not be able to turn you into the next Beethoven,
    You come pretty damn close though!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hi Andrew and welcome to our little family of diverse individuals!
    First off, I would like to say that I am not really a person. I am indeed a cartoon character that thinks he is a real person. As a moderator, I will at times be diligent at reading posts and commenting (quite insanely) on concerns, problems, aspects, advice, educational needs, cash flow, green stamps, gas prices, a need for a cooking class, one pound of trout cake mix, leather GPO slap samples never before heard of in the history of mankind, T-shirts (new and used), large brown bags with two holes for eyes, a partridge in an apple tree (no one said it be perfect), Christine Applegate, large big boomy bass drum, 2112 written backwards, and most of all, demos! Lots and lots of new music demos with GPO, GOS, GOS lite and mixtures! AND Big FOOT! Yes, you heard right, BIG FOOT! I can assure you Big Foot is not a myth. The creature has been know to rear its ugly head from time to time. So, if you encounter this creature while favoring us with some of your music, don't take him to heart! Just call one of us moderators and we'll take care of everything for ya!
    Now, how’s that for a welcome?

I wonder, Andrew, whether this is the kind of help you wished for(:-) Actually, humor may sometimes be what you find most helpful.

Welcome aboard,

Ed

Welcome to the pool Andrew. Be sure to let us know if we can be of any assistance.

By the way Styxx, I had a dream last night that I walked outside of my house and saw Big Foot Playing my Yamaha Acoustic guitar. I think he was playing Stairway, but I can't be sure!

:-)

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    By the way Styxx, I had a dream last night that I walked outside of my house and saw Big Foot Playing my Yamaha Acoustic guitar. I think he was playing Stairway, but I can't be sure!
    Oh dear, what a nightmare. Not Bigfoot, he might be fun, but Stairway. Oh how I hate that piece. And what is worse, the people who request it always start talking after the first plunk, plunk, plunk. And there you are playing a piece you hate and no one even has the courtesy to listen… just a pet gripe.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Oh dear, what a nightmare. Not Bigfoot, he might be fun, but Stairway. Oh how I hate that piece. And what is worse, the people who request it always start talking after the first plunk, plunk, plunk. And there you are playing a piece you hate and no one even has the courtesy to listen… just a pet gripe.

Karl
    One of the many reasons I don't gig anymore. Stairway and Freebird!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum