• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Can someone please recommend another sampler?

Share/Bookmark

Can someone please recommend another sampler?

I\'ve had it with this buggy finicky peice of ****! I am tired of reloading my system just to use it. I don\'t mean to be crass, but I know there has to be something more stable than this..

Re: Can someone please recommend another sampler?

GS hardly ever crashes here. I can sit a whole day composing without any crash. The only thing that I can do to make it crash seems to be by using a lot of release trigger instruments. If I stress the system and add VOTA for example, I can get the dreaded MSG32.exe crash.

Well, what happened was, I just got through creating a multi-instrument sample, and darn good one too, and Giga crashed..I thought, \"No problem\", I\'ll just check everything restart, go to restart,computer starts up but Giga locks up my whole system..In other words, I am going to have to reload my system, as I tried everything, but whatever it corrupted, is stuck in my system..I thought I got rid of every registry key associated with Giga, but even after reinstalling Giga 5 times..No Go.. SO, I am done, I wasted $300 and ton\'s of time learning it..And now I am completely done with Gigasampler, Tascam products.. Good thing I didn\'t waste any money on buying any gigs huh? The bummer part is, I spent alot of time working around all the bugs, learning the program, and creating some really awesome gigs, and now I have to start over...I\'m going to give Halion another chance I guess, unless someone can think of a more competent product..I am WIDE open for any suggestions, as I would rather not waste any more time or money...Thanks in advance..

I have experienced the dark side of GSEdit too - like others, after getting stuck in the middle of writing a big .GIG to disc, after I rebooted Windows didn\'t work. Tascam should really take a deep look into what must be some very weird disk-writing routines they use in GSEdit! This is unacceptable.

I am also considering the EXS24 sampler, anyone know if you can export to .wav with that sampler? It does have an instrument editor as well, and recieved a 9 outta 10 on a review site. I didn\'t even see Giga\'s name in those reviews..HOw bout Kontact? can anyone give me the pro\'s and con\'s of these samplers? PLease, I\'d like to get started again.. And is there any money in making your own samples in other formats? I have a good library of some very nice .gigs that really are distinct and I spent alot of time with them..It\'s a total shame I have to start over, I just don\'t want to make the same mistake again.. I need suggestions please...Also, can you export to Giga format with EXS24?

Nevermind guy\'s..I think I am convinced that the EXS24 is the superior sampler out of all the reviews I looked at.. Nothing even came close to EXS24 on all the review sites I checked out..And they were unbiased reviews, I made sure of that..The one interesting thing was, out of all the searching and unbiased reviews on soft samplers, Giga never once factored into the reviews, This makes me feel better as I know I am headed in the right direction..Thanks guy\'s and good luck to you..I\'ll be sure to come back in a couple of months and give you my pro\'s and con\'s on the EXS24 sampler..Take care..Oh, BTW, if anyone is interested, I have my copy of Gigasampler 1.6 for sale for $50.. My email address is deion92@hotmail.com..This is a legitimate copy with the purchased CDkey..I\'ll even include all my samples..Be sure to make reference to Gigasampler as some of my email goes directly to my junk folder...

1.6? That\'s how many years old?

Happy trails. Don\'t forget to buy a MAC for EXS24.

Yeah, thats correct, Emagic was purchased by Apple and they are NOT going to support Windows any longer. Sad!

You didn\'t think I as going to give Tascam anymore money on the faith that the product is damn near unusable did you? Gigasampler works ok for a player, good luck making your own samples with it without nightmares... I guess I lucked out and they made Logic Audio and EXS24 for PC already..Whew! Then I\'d be hating life having to accept a half finished product Huh?

I hate being wrong! Well, so far the EXS24 sucks crack...And Kontakt is definitley no good, with it\'s enormous latency... It just seems software samplers are not an exact science I guess. Looks like I am stuck with Gigasampler, cause so far when it runs its the best, except for time-stretching and pitch bending, but there are third party software out there to do this..I have not gone back to try Halion, which I think uses disk streaming like Giga, becuase looking at their forums, even though it seems to have gotten alot better since release, has it\'s share of problems..It\'s like, do I wanna trade my set of problems for a whole new set of problems..The software industry is such an imperfect industry..Oh well, I\'ll just have to grin and bear it until something better comes along..And as far as Apple buying Emagic, What a feeble attempt to corner a market..LoL Makes me laugh, don\'t ya think they should have bought them before they made the prog for PC? I never did like Meat Jobs, I mean Steve Jobs..

Go Back to forum