• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hin fegursta rosin

Share/Bookmark

Cool Hin fegursta rosin

Hi all, here is a hymn which is quite popular to play in Icelandic churches in my own arrangement. Btw. if someone knows the English name of this hymn then I would appreciate it!

All comments are appreciated!

Listen
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Hin fegursta rosin

Hi Falcon,

It's nice to hear some music with national flavour. I like the way you used new textures and climaxes to maintain interest with very simple material. Beatifully done.

I'm afraid I can't help with the name as I've never heard the tune before
    As in music - so in life!

hi musomark, thanks for your comments!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Thumbs up Re: Hin fegursta rosin

Wow falc, makes me want to go to church in Iceland.
    Simply moving and beautiful. Every instrument was nicely placed giving a natural human feel to the whole piece.
    This would be nice to close a day with. Wonderful!
    Styxx

Smile Re: Hin fegursta rosin

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Wow falc, makes me want to go to church in Iceland.
    Simply moving and beautiful. Every instrument was nicely placed giving a natural human feel to the whole piece.
    This would be nice to close a day with. Wonderful!
    Thanks Styxx!

You know you're always welcome to Iceland and of course free to go to church in Iceland.

Again thanks!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Very nicely done Falcon and yet I was unable to spot the melody!......I know that it sounds strange but it was unclear to me (perhaps because I didn't recognise any tune) where the 'joints' were. Where the intro, theme etc started and finished. I couldn't even tell if this was a once through or it repeated the melody you asked us to name in English. I guess what I'm saying is that the melody isn't very strong and doesn't stand out......I know what I mean!!

Frank

Talking Re: Hin fegursta rosin

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Very nicely done Falcon and yet I was unable to spot the melody!......I know that it sounds strange but it was unclear to me (perhaps because I didn't recognise any tune) where the 'joints' were. Where the intro, theme etc started and finished. I couldn't even tell if this was a once through or it repeated the melody you asked us to name in English. I guess what I'm saying is that the melody isn't very strong and doesn't stand out......I know what I mean!!

Frank
    Hmmmm... strange problem - because this is the first time I hear this "complain" about the arrangement. Hehehe...
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Thumbs up Re: Hin fegursta rosin

Cool Fal,

This is great... i mostly enjoy from 2:47 till end....

great stuff....

hi,

I liked this song too but I must say a bit like Hardy for saying "I know that it sounds strange but it was unclear to me (perhaps because I didn't recognise any tune) where the 'joints' were. Where the intro, theme etc started and finished."

Saldor

Quote Originally Posted by Saldor
    hi,

I liked this song too but I must say a bit like Hardy for saying "I know that it sounds strange but it was unclear to me (perhaps because I didn't recognise any tune) where the 'joints' were. Where the intro, theme etc started and finished."

Saldor
    There's really no intro.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast