• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mysterious disappearing clicking

Share/Bookmark

Mysterious disappearing clicking

I was showing off GPO's great sounds to a GPO candidate and the english horn and clarinet had a strange clicking at the start of most played notes.

I was going to post the question as to how to get rid of this artifact, but oddly enough it seems to have disappeared on its own. I wouldn't post this now except that GPO will be part of a production and time is ticking by.

And once again thanks

Re: Mysterious disappearing clicking

Quote Originally Posted by pgurnee
    I was showing off GPO's great sounds to a GPO candidate and the english horn and clarinet had a strange clicking at the start of most played notes.

I was going to post the question as to how to get rid of this artifact, but oddly enough it seems to have disappeared on its own. I wouldn't post this now except that GPO will be part of a production and time is ticking by.

And once again thanks
    A couple of tips. First make sure to raise your buffers. Next make sure you load only dry instruments. If you are using GPO Studio, try reducing the quality setting on the Ambience reverb. Could also be a soundcard problem or a system problem . If this doesn't help give me a call and we'll try to troubleshhot the problem.

Gary Garritan

Re: Mysterious disappearing clicking

This can happen is you option disabled for No Swap (not sure of the name of this option). Sometimes the samples can get swapped to the hard drive. You will get strange clicking and stuttering if the samples are played off the hard drive. Usually rebooting will fix the issue.

Go Back to forum