• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: I must be out of tune with reality

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy I must be out of tune with reality

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Does anyone here get that strange feeling in large shopping centres like this is weird and pointless?

Re: I must be out of tune with reality

Every year. I don't like milling with the bovine. It makes me uncomfortable. I always feel so crowded. Although, that's just the introvert in me.

Hi Joseph

Yeah i remember your post now!! i know what you mean, i just wondered today looking at all the people while i was waiting to pay for my groceries how many other people felt like i did, even tho judging by appearances everyone looked happy, i felt like either i lost the script or everyone around me was following a different story altogether.

Yes, the public is stupid. Everytime I am at our "mall" I think that it would be much better if we leveled it and turned it in to waterfowl production area.
    Just the other day a guy came up to me at the supermarket and started asking me about the noises my car was making. He was a tiny little guy and had short man's syndrome. "Have you ever thought about getting it fixed?" I politely said "maybe" and then walked away. I happen to be an idiot magnet and walking away is normally my best option. He then found my girlfriend and me in another aisle and called me an "~~~~~~~" because I didn't feel like discussing the noises my car was making with a stranger, and that he was concerned my axle was going to break which would cause me to drive in to a telephone pole with my girlfriend. He then proceeded to get in my face (actually my stomach cuz he was so small). I kept reminding him to mind his own business. I think he finally realized he was going to get thrown about 15 feet. The funny thing is that I saw him in the parking lot and he didn't even have a car. Only in North Dakota. People here don't realize that if they go to another part of the country and pull that crap, there's a possibility they'll get shot. I go to Phoenix for a weekend, no problems with people. I come back to small town North Dakota, and it's complete morons. Yes, even idiots are allowed to go Christmas shopping and enjoy the holidays.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Ahh the joys of the holiday season. Yup it's crowded at the mall, everyone is buying gifts for the annual winter solstice celebration. The good news is the days will start getting longer as of next Tuesday. So if feeling superior really helps you get through the long cold winter, go right ahead. The way I see it everyone's doing the same thing, they may be dressed differently, they may talk funny, they may even let their children roam freely, but they're all there for pretty much the same reason. Go easy on them and perhaps you'll end up going easy on yourself.

So here's a bit of humor, appropriate to this discussion, that showed up in my email yesterday.

An old man was sitting on a bench at the mall. A teenager walked up to the bench and sat down. He had spiked hair in all different colors: green, red, orange, blue, and yellow. The old man just stared. Every time the teenager looked, the old man was staring.

The teenager finally said sarcastically, "What's the matter old timer, never done anything wild in your life?" Without batting an eye, the old man replied..... "Got drunk once and had with a peacock.........I was wondering if you were my son."

If I'd been drinking milk when I read that it would have come out my nose.

Happy (pick your religion) winter solstice celebration to all.

Steve Chandler

Steve, that's classic.

And yes, Ern, I do have S.A.D. I'm known for it. I faint at the inclination of public speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Steve, that's classic.

And yes, Ern, I do have S.A.D. I'm known for it. I faint at the inclination of public speaking.
    How does Seasonal Affective Disorder have anything to do with public speaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    How does Seasonal Affective Disorder have anything to do with public speaking?
    I assume you're talking about Social Anxiety Disorder like Ern said. No offense, but people are way to quick to diagnose themselves. My mom is a psychologist and has her PHD. And this is not meant to offend you at all Ern, but I think it's scary that our society is running around all drugged up on things because of the way they feel. We are too quick to treat the symptoms instead of the problem.

Also, just because you hate public speaking and may faint because of it doesn't mean you have some "disorder". It simply means you hate public speaking, which can definitely be cured by practicing it and doing more of it. I hate the fact that so many people are quick to say "Oh, I have whatever popular disorder of the day", and take a pill.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    And this is not meant to offend you at all Ern, but I think it's scary that our society is running around all drugged up on things because of the way they feel. We are too quick to treat the symptoms instead of the problem.
    I'm with you and your Mom.

ed

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast