• Register
  • Help

Topic: First semester of college is over!

First semester of college is over!

Finally! Now just seven more to go!

What's good about college:

-other people clean the buildings and dishes and prepare your food
    -a nice big library with countless books, and even Christopher Duncan's book!
    -a lot of free time (much more than evil high school)
    -a nice fast internet connection
    -a nice long gap between first and second semester

What's bad about college:

-public bathrooms aren't always pretty
    -my room-mate is a great person, but I liked having my own room
    -some professors are just too boring
    -homework is never fun
    -exams are evil
    -it costs way too much

But now the first semester is over! In a few moments I will pack up my stuff, including my computer, and will head home for about a month. Probably won't make the chat today. Also, when I get home, it will be back to the good old dial-up modem, so I won't be able to do a whole bunch of downloading either. But I'll have lots of time to write music! As long as my parents don't make me go to work . . . . (and they might very well)

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

West Seneca, NY

Thumbs up Re: First semester of college is over!

Sean, all I have to say is stay in school and see it threw! Knowledge is the way to a better life! Hope you did well this semester and wish you all the luck in the world for a brighter future in your favor.
    Now get your Jazz home and make some music! As for your parents, remember you may be one some day…

Re: First semester of college is over!

Done already? Lucky, I still have two finals today (sight-singing & ear training, and my corporate finance class)... Just wait a couple semesters, the work will get so hard you'll wish you were back in high school. And then you'll think about it for a couple seconds and decide that you were wrong and that college is much better than high school, much better than working too..... Ahh, enough chatter, much study....stupid finals....

Orcas Island

You made it! Your list brought back memories. Luckily it doesn't sound like you had the roomate from hell . The first semester is always the toughest and it gets better and better. Best of luck for the next semesters.

Tim - Good luck with your exams! A

Wishing both of you a wonderful holiday and well-deserved rest from school.

Gary Garritan

Thanks for the good wishes Gary, think they helped a lot! Now the break is here and I can focus on rest, relaxation, and of course composing. Lets see if I can whip up one of these songs I've been working on before christmas. That would be a treat. (Well for me at least, hopefully for you all too!)

Go Back to forum