• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Liquid Grooves or Metamorphisis?

Share/Bookmark

Liquid Grooves or Metamorphisis?

I want to buy a sage xpander. I've listened to the demos for both Liquid Grooves and Metamorphisis over and over again, but can't make up my mind. Can anybody give me any further insight or thoughts on these libraries, like how much you liked it or the kind of music you made with it, to help me make up my mind?

Re: Liquid Grooves or Metamorphisis?

they are both phenomenal libs imo.
    As you can tell from the demos they approach fairly different styles. It all depends on what your compositional interests are. :-) I would hate to have to pick one over the other. Sell some gold fillings and get em both I say. If pushed to choose, I would say Liquid Grooves might get more usage in standard writing and Meta in a more contemporary hiphopian style. Meta would also be closer to the core lib of RMX. Either way, you'll be happy.

good luck.
    cb

"Meta would also be closer to the core lib of RMX"

That's good feedback as I think for my first xpander I'd like to broaden the core RMX set a bit.

My other main libs are EWQLSO and StormDrum (as well as Atmosphere and Trilogy), so I guess my stuff mainly lies in dabbling in the filmscoring/gamescoring area.

Liquid sounded a bit like it had some world beats in it (kind of like a laid back stormdrum). Is this accurate?

I'd say, in one sense, that the vairety of LG is definitive over Metamorphisis. I find that the advantage of LG over Meta would be the amount of material overall: You get lots of unique loop material, but then you get great groove element, AND really sweet menu elements as well (percussion, drums, etc). That said, both libraries are exquisite. Meta concentrates largely on great "additives" as I call them, that help add quirk to a foundational drum track. You can build incredible grooves from the Meta loops alone, but I like melding them with solid beat programming from within, so to speak. Awesome, awesome works.

As stated, both libraries are "must haves." Eric, and all others involved in producing these incredible titles should be sampling hall of fame inductees!

Hope that helps!

Get them both, all......... They are so cheap to buy that even if they are rubbish the money wasted is negligible.

Daryl

The only minor side of LG, is that only lazy didn't use it. TV channels, commercials, movies are filled up to the balls with those sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Head
    The only minor side of LG, is that only lazy didn't use it. TV channels, commercials, movies are filled up to the balls with those sounds.
    Very true, but the Groove Control version (which is what the Expander is) had more options in terms of the separate elements that resided within the LG grooves.

So those individual elements, coupled with RMX's effects, coupled with the core library, gives LG a whole new lease on life, IMO.

ChristianB nailed it. Meta is a lot closer in style and sound to the RMX core library. If you're looking for diversity, go with LG.

That being said, as soon as you can swing it, get Meta as well.

Eegee,

If you buy LG, it comes with a free add-on that contains some of the samples from other libraries (as do all the expanders), and I believe there were some from Metamorphosis.

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

No Metamorphosis grooves in the Bonus section......only Distorted Reality (which are a similar approach)

spectrum

Well, I decided to go with Liquid Grooves, at least initially. Thanks for all the good feedback. Just curious, Eric - is the bonus only DR or does it contain some Vocal Planet also?

Go Back to forum