• Register
  • Help

Topic: Queen on tour???

Share/Bookmark

Queen on tour???

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Just saw this article and am very surprised. There are some bands that can get away with using a different vocalist on a "reunion" tour, but replacing Freddie Mercury??? The man's vocal quality was the very essence of Queen. I was a huge fan of the group growing up and as much as I like Brian, Roger, and John, I have the feeling that seeing this concert would be a major disappointment. Perhaps in 20 years we'll also get treated to Van Halen with Joe No-Name on lead guitar. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...eople_queen_dc

Chris

Re: Queen on tour???

Then again Phil Collins didn't do too poorly at Genesis after Peter Gabriel left. But, yeah, Freddie Mercury was one of a kind.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Then again Phil Collins didn't do too poorly at Genesis after Peter Gabriel left. But, yeah, Freddie Mercury was one of a kind.
    Phil might not have done too poorly but Genesis definitely changed. Personally, I left with Peter Gabriel and am a huge fan of his to this day. If only he would put out more than 1 album per decade (OK, that's an exaggeration, but not by much).

As for Freddie Mercury, no replacement will be the showman he was but is there a singer out there today with his kind of range and clarity? I haven't heard one.

Chris

Boy I bet I'm going to get smoked for saying this.... The only song by Queen worth listening to by me is "Fat Bottom Girls". A great song. One of my favorites. But I really don't like anything else they did.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    Boy I bet I'm going to get smoked for saying this.... The only song by Queen worth listening to by me is "Fat Bottom Girls". A great song. One of my favorites. But I really don't like anything else they did.
    More proof North Dakota is in some sort of sub-reality

Go Back to forum